• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing GUNSMITH TOOL

SIGTWO

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2009
Blue Ridge Parkway NC/Raleigh nc
Any of you hide memebers know where I can purchase a good quality torc screwdriver that measures foot pounds in inches. Don't want that potterfeild mail order shit.Everything I have found looks cheap or has that five letter word "CHINA" on it. Need one that will last. "THANKS"

Re: GUNSMITH TOOL

Midwayusa.com, the Wheeler Fat Wrench Screwdriver is nice for the money.

I think SK makes a nice one as well for more money.

If you want high quality and use it often go with a Matco, or Snap On. Any local auto dealer or shop will have a guy that comes around every week. Otherwise as everyone else has said go with the Fat wrench

Ebay, has been pretty good for snap-on stuff being on there used. I have upgraded
4 of my torque wrenches to snap-ons over the last 5 years at about 1/3 the cost.

The Fat Wrench I have to admit works rather well and consistent. I'm like you, in that I want quality. However the next step up is rather expensive, snap on. Which if you take your time and look alot can be had on ebay at very resonable prices. Good luck.

What ever you get will be a lot better then the ole "that feels bout right" method, I run a wheeler fat wrench.

Casey

If you want high quality and use it often go with a Matco, or Snap On. Any local auto dealer or shop will have a guy that comes around every week. Otherwise as everyone else has said go with the Fat wrench

True statement. I like a dial type torque wrench myself, you can watch as it pulls up to torque and you can make sure it pulls up evenly and smoothly. Can't do that with a click stop.

I have had good luck with pawn shop finds, I snagged a Matco ft/lb wrench, Mac in/lb (30-120 range IIRC) and Snap On in/lb 0-30 range for just over $100.00 for all three.

Last edited:
I got a $400 snap on off eBay for $91shipped. Took it to the snap on guy for calibration check it was spot on and he didn't even charge me for the check.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk