• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gunsmiths in Denver area

HapCustoms

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2013
Denver
If there are any smiths in the Denver area that would be willing to Allow me to have a little time on a lathe it would be very appreciated I have over 10 years of experience and have built countless rifles Ive worked for a few well know company's but quit for my own thing.

I just moved to Denver and don't currently have anywhere to hook my equipment up. Im willing to pay if needed I just need to barrel a action I have my own reamer and tooling just need a couple of hours.

Thanks

Cant help you but good luck with your move.
On a side note i cant for the life of me understand why a gun enthusiast / builder would move from GA to Denver.

PM Lowlight. He lives and works up there. He might know. Or go by Colorado School of Trades. One of the instructors probably has one.

I graduated from CST a few years ago. It's a deferent place now. Lowlight is north of me about an hour but I don't want to bother him I'm sure he gets asked crazy questions all the time..

Give me a couple days. An old buddy of mine is out of town, but might be able to help you out, either with his equipment (not sure if it will be right size)or he will know someone who might. He is in the know and knows some of the best machine shops around.
PM me some contact info, i will talk to him friday and then get in contact with you.
Elija

So HapCustoms, does that mean you are going to hang out a shingle when you get set up? Oh yea welcome to Colorado!

One day maybe I'm currently in south denver.

I actually just purchased a single phase lathe over the weekend and can hook that up in my garage so if anyone was trying to help me out thanks.

If I can help anyone out in the area let me know.

Thanks