• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Gunsmiths in Va??

PUGSLEY83

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2010
CHESTERFIELD, VA
I was just wondering if anyone knows any good gunsmith or infact a real gunsmith( people say they r guns smiths but are infact not!) near Richmond, Virginia or in Virginia period?

Re: Gunsmiths in Va??

He isn't the closest, but if it were me, I would take it to Richard Fletcher if he is accepting work. Fletcher Custom Pistols. If you are looking for a long gun smith I would still recommend giving him a call and asking him if he knows someone in your area.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clay Spencer's in Va.
Top Shelf </div></div>

+1

thanks guys, i spoke with Charlie balts a gunsmith at ashland firearms earlier today he is pretty close to me and his pricing was very reasonable. ima start out with some small things and see how it goes.

i have a remington 700 sps tactical .223 i wanted to get the lugs lapped, a tactical bolt handle installed and it bedded into a b&c a2 stock, and then if that turns out well get the barrel threaded if i can find out if a suppressor will fit the heavy barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PUGSLEY83</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a remington 700 sps tactical .223 i wanted to get the lugs lapped, a tactical bolt handle installed and it bedded into a b&c a2 stock, and then if that turns out well get the barrel threaded if i can find out if a suppressor will fit the heavy barrel.</div></div>

I would call Clay Spencer.

I think there are 2 places in Ashland, up the street from GreenTop. One claims to be a 1911 guru. My ass. Had some kid try to do a trigger job on my STI and told me hammer follow is normal.

That was the day I learned how to do my own.....

Thanks i checked out the site, i will difinitely give him a shout. He is only 2 hours away so i can drive there, i just really dont wanna have to ship my rifle off!