• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Gutsy Game Warden

Re: Gutsy Game Warden

While that did indeed have taken balls. Watching the moose it exhibited patterns of behavior that very closely resemble a large wild animal given a large dose of sedative.

Or one that had been fighting a chain swing set for several hours...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or one that had been fighting a chain swing set for several hours... </div></div>

I vote this one... It sounded like it was just about to pass out

Thats awesome that someone actually said "hey lets get this on film"

A large animal like that is much easier to work with when it can barely stand up from exhaustion. It still takes some balls to gamble that his last exertion of energy won't be stomping you face in! Personally I would have been on top of that slide cutting chains....

Although hes not a game warden Skinny here on the hide helped out a buck in a similar way. <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddrWqHZqYoA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddrWqHZqYoA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or one that had been fighting a chain swing set for several hours... </div></div>

I vote this one... It sounded like it was just about to pass out</div></div>

That, and I think you could tell the moose calmed some when it realized he was there to help and not hurt --the moose knew it was hemmed up and likely worn out. I've seen wild animals like that before, when they are distressed and scared they are unpredictable, but sometimes you can calm them down some to help. Here fight or flight already kicked in, he tried both and failed. I think at some point they give up and hope for mercy.

Still, dude was pretty brave. I've been kicked by a calf before and it nearly broke my leg --that moose could kill you easy, and he wasn't all that big.

I think carrying an adjustable dose of diazepam for stuff like this would great though. It would have been a lot safer that way, and I bet they run across animals in distress often enough to warrant it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beretta989</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although hes not a game warden Skinny here on the hide helped out a buck in a similar way. <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddrWqHZqYoA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddrWqHZqYoA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

i hunt with skinney 4-5 days a week and seen this it was crazy

That moose's respitory distress was obvious with it's rib cage expanding at a high rate of expansions... He was pretty wooped.

Skinney, as bowed up as you are you could pick up just about anything and just carry it home...

No matter how tired that moose was, would not take much effort for it to hurt that warden. Cool video.

Wardens earn their pay every day... and then some. In what other branch of LE are you meeting up with folks knowing that EVERY person is better armed than you? (at least during certain times of year). And that backup could be an hour hike away...

Great job by this guy.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Bad ass, wtf was he filming with though, a Lego camera or a toaster?

I don't care if that moose was 2 seconds away from keeling over, that warden is bad ass. I take off after bears because I think they're interesting animals. I wrestle bull mastiffs to vaccinate them. People are always telling me I need to be more careful - that I'm gonna get seriously hurt someday. But I stay the hell away from gigantic ungulates. Moose and Bison are my worst nightmare. I was having heart palpitations the whole time I watched that video. I almost blacked out when the warden patted that moose on his nose. That warden is insane.

Here is one for you

This is not quite as impressive as moose. This is video from a cell phone, so not so good quality. I did once have a adult female black bear on a noose pole just like this. Long story...

[video=youtube;gx1_OZxtU-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx1_OZxtU-E[/video]