• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GWOT Toters Of The Mk11 & 12 - C’mon In...

Was it ever possible to send a shot down range confirming dope?
Correct me if wrong, but I believe it was @Victory said that if circumstances allowed, they’d confirm dope by sending a round into the side of a mountain or what have you, before any potential targets showed up of course. I believe @Victory was talking about the Remington M2010(suppressed) in particular in this case if my memory serves.. hopefully he’ll chime in..
I did it all the time. I was able to connect on some very long shots because I shot at those distances daily. Not a crazy amount but 3-4 rounds a day. Every situation is different, it's one of those time and opportunity things. It's funny how it will be different every time, you really can never say "never". I came up as a sniper thinking I would "never" dial wind then found myself starting putting 2-3 mils on setting up for long shots. Thought I'd use hold overs, then decided there is never not enough time to dial if the target is past 500m. I thought the H59 or T3 was cool, but for me they are a pain in the ass past 1000. You just always have to be ready for it to not be what you trained or expected. Good to have as many options as you can pack so you can put something together that fits your environment.

Last edited:
I did it all the time. I was able to connect on some very long shots because I shot at those distances daily. Not a crazy amount but 3-4 rounds a day. Every situation is different, it's one of those time and opportunity things. It's funny how it will be different every time, you really can never say "never". I came up as a sniper thinking I would "never" dial wind then found myself starting putting 2-3 mils on setting up for long shots. Thought I'd use hold overs, then decided there is never not enough time to dial if the target is past 500m. I thought the H59 or T3 was cool, but for me they are a pain in the ass past 1000. You just always have to be ready for it to not be what you trained or expected. Good to have as many options as you can pack so you can put something together that fits your environment.
Thanks for responding sir

Reactions: Evolution 9
This was same rifle as Haley....issued by same company at a Northern site. Only difference is this rifle had different elevation knob, not the M1 turret. Issued to me in 2005 at FOB Danger. Our zero range was down by the river....some raghead shot at me and my partner from the cliffs above...haha. He was lucky he did a shoot and scoot.

We did a drug deal (booze) with some Group guys who were rotating out for a lot of MK262 Mod 0 and frags.

DOS confiscated these rifles in early 2006 and replaced with school trained DDM's with M24's and SR25's.

After leaving Tikrit, I went through the DOS DDM course at Moyock and carried an M24 in Baghdad, DDM partner had a SR25.

Best job I ever had.

Attachments

• SPR Tikrit 2005.jpg
    SPR Tikrit 2005.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 127
If I remember correctly....it was a Mk4 MR/T....2.5-8x36 with M2 knobs. No illum. Nice scope for Tikrit.

That was so long ago....and so many scopes ago.....you made me wonder. I pulled out my old Rite in the Rain notebook from that contract. I wrote down it was a MR/T 3-9x with M3 knobs. Standard mil-dot reticle and I want to say it was a SFP reticle.

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 79
The one I've got is TMR illuminated. It had a happy face on the flip cap, a bit of tan paint and the m3 knobs are kinda worn with mismatched allen screws. Always wondered if it was "over there" before it wound up on craigslist.

Reactions: USMC 308
This was same rifle as Haley....issued by same company at a Northern site. Only difference is this rifle had different elevation knob, not the M1 turret. Issued to me in 2005 at FOB Danger. Our zero range was down by the river....some raghead shot at me and my partner from the cliffs above...haha. He was lucky he did a shoot and scoot.

We did a drug deal (booze) with some Group guys who were rotating out for a lot of MK262 Mod 0 and frags.

DOS confiscated these rifles in early 2006 and replaced with school trained DDM's with M24's and SR25's.

After leaving Tikrit, I went through the DOS DDM course at Moyock and carried an M24 in Baghdad, DDM partner had a SR25.

Best job I ever had.
What ammo were you guys typically running?

Green tip 62 gr or xm193 55gr.....far from ideal. Scrounge for whatever we could get.
Im sure it worked ok though. Didnt Mookie get in trouble for shooting some dude in the ass with some high speed ammo?

Speaking of ammo, I ran a few rounds m855a1 by a Labradar the other day just to get a quick velocity. My 11.5" bbl averaged 2735 but the crazy part is the ES was 3 fps. Needless to say I was shocked. The mk262 had an es of 29. Maybe just a fluke, ill shoot some groups next time.

Speaking of ammo, I ran a few rounds m855a1 by a Labradar the other day just to get a quick velocity. My 11.5" bbl averaged 2735 but the crazy part is the ES was 3 fps. Needless to say I was shocked. The mk262 had an es of 29. Maybe just a fluke, ill shoot some groups next time.
Hell yeah. I got a fuck load of A1.

how many shots is a few? three?

Yeah just 3, so could've been a fluke. It is odd though I don't think I've ever had 3 rounds of anything give me an es of 3 fps. I'll revisit it next time I'm out, we'll get an average of 20 rounds.

Reactions: jLorenzo
Even if that’s a fluke, it’s still something to see!