• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gym Pet-Peeves

Sugarbug

Sugarbug Don't Care
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2013
Louisiana
What pisses you off in the gym?

Just that thing that makes you want to hulk smash the dumbass?

Mine? Oh... well... I don't like to ---

SITTING ON A MACHINE ON YOUR GD CELL PHONE!!!!!!!!!

I've been known to get a little irritated at that.

Women that scream all scary like, when lifting little weights in the weights room. Half between a abominable yeti & crazy orgasm...

No chalk rules, people that don't spot, people that tell me squatting/deadlifting/goodmornings/ blood pressure over 120/80 is high, are bad, and gyms that don't allow pitbulls-ccw's- or actual hard lifting.

The dudes that are always in the f'in way...picking up a set of dumbbells and then using them right in front of the flipping rack. Then F'in around for 15 min. looking in the mirror, between their sets..... if they spent half as much time lifting as they did checking themselves out in the mirror...nevermind.

NO Chalk, People in the way, that asshat who is really loud and wants everyone to hear him I want to hurl a dumbell at this guys head every time I see him.......

when people sit there talking, leave weights out, try doing too much weight, underestimate you, and act like they lift more than you when it doesn't matter. I'm in high school and we have some douche bag football players who act so cool when they may be strong but don't has a sense of respect. I hear them always talking trash about freshman when their seniors.

I don't much care for people that look at me all wierd when I'm doing squats and a nut pops out of my ranger panties, I mean it's not like I intend for that to happen but when your rockin some badass daisy duke runnin shorts to fit in with the cool guys what do they expect. Don't like my hairy balls hangin out then dont look

Maybe if you shaved them they wouldn't get so upset.....just sayin.

I hate the hott chicks that show up wearing skin tight workout clothes and then gives me the stink eye for staring... or maybe it's my boner she doesn't like?

People who cant count and put the dumbbells in the wrong place in the rack. Plates not arranged on the tree correctly. People who stand right in front of the damn dumbbells to do their set. People who have very bad BO! People who walk slow or stand in the way. People who talk to me longer than 10 seconds because they are lazy and don't like to sweat or attempt to work hard.

And probably my #1 gym pet-peeve: gyms that don't have proper pull up bars!!!!!!!

Not a damn thing....

homegym07.jpg

homegym06.jpg

HomeGym05.jpg

Homegym04.jpg

Homegym03.jpg

HomeGym01.jpg

I will second the hot chick comment. Wearing skin tight yoga pants or tiny spandex shorts and a sports bra to work out in is going to get you stared at. Don't get pissy when you catch me looking.

After working out 5-6 days a week for the last 13 years, I can say that pretty much everything that has been stated above annoys the fuck out of me......and then some. My tolerance level for fucktards in the gym has grown very thin......and apparently it shows. It's a gym and you are there to work out, not fucking gaulk and eye fuck women that you will never have a chance with, not to talk on your damn cell phone, not to talk about sports with you mouth-breather buddy, not stand around the water cooler talking about how you "used to be alot stronger/bigger" till you got hurt or sick.

I assure you, a home gym is in my future, unless im able to move to a town that has a actual hardcore bodybuilding gym where this kind of fucking shit will get you tossed out in the street and told not to come back.

After working out 5-6 days a week for the last 13 years, I can say that pretty much everything that has been stated above annoys the fuck out of me......and then some. My tolerance level for fucktards in the gym has grown very thin......and apparently it shows. It's a gym and you are there to work out, not fucking gaulk and eye fuck women that you will never have a chance with, not to talk on your damn cell phone, not to talk about sports with you mouth-breather buddy, not stand around the water cooler talking about how you "used to be alot stronger/bigger" till you got hurt or sick.

I assure you, a home gym is in my future, unless im able to move to a town that has a actual hardcore bodybuilding gym where this kind of fucking shit will get you tossed out in the street and told not to come back.

Amen brother! My feelings exactly. This is one of my main motivating factors to get up at 0330 so I can get to the gym (1 hour from home) by 0430 and lift before work. I am getting where I fucking hate people in general. For the most part the people in the gym at that hour want to be there and it shows, but you can always count on the few D-bags screwing up a good thing even that early...

People that are clearly sick coughing all over the equipment and/or blowing their nose into their towels.

The big ethels that complain if you don't put every single plate back on.

Young punks that wear the t-shirts with sides all ripped open or take their shirts off. They aren't big - they're just skinny - stop posing like a homo (maybe they are though).

Trevor, I agree with most of your post. I have found headphones to deter most talkers, but some still persist. They want to know what you did to lift that much, or what supplements your taking, or what's in my shaker. That irritates me to no end. Time, nutrition and water. But a little something to look at in between sets never hurt anyone. I don't lift the ENTIRE time I am there, a 1-2 minute rest in between lifts on major muscle groups is a must. Never hurts to take in the scenery when resting. I am not gawking or trying to pick them up, just stealing glances at pretty women scantily clad.

THE BACK WHEN GUY'S-Meaning new guys who come in have not worked out in years,months or whatever. Stand and stare at you ask how much your are lifting then go into a story about BACK WHEN I WAS in ( ) insert. ARMY,NAVY,HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE or whatever... I could do twice that. YAH YEAH Jackass well looks like you are doing HALF THAT now and I could care less anyway.

Trevor, I agree with most of your post. I have found headphones to deter most talkers, but some still persist. They want to know what you did to lift that much, or what supplements your taking, or what's in my shaker. That irritates me to no end. Time, nutrition and water. But a little something to look at in between sets never hurt anyone. I don't lift the ENTIRE time I am there, a 1-2 minute rest in between lifts on major muscle groups is a must. Never hurts to take in the scenery when resting. I am not gawking or trying to pick them up, just stealing glances at pretty women scantily clad.

People like you are NOT what I'm talking about. Hell yes, if there is a hot girl with a tight body, take a look (or two), but the fuckers that just sit and stare non-stop to the point that its obvious and you can tell its making the girl uncomfortable is more than I will tolerate.

I've even had guys try to snap "sneeky" pics with thier cell phone of my girl while she was lifting. He and I had a pretty heated closed door discussion......turns out this bag of dicks was a local cop, but I won't even go into that rant.

I keep my earbuds in all the time. They aren't always on, but I still wear them so people won't try to approach me and talk. When these guys ask me how i got as big as I am, I look them dead in the eye as serious as I can be and tell them "Taebo and Herbalife".

People that use chalk and leave chalk dust everywhere...while never dead lifting more than 225lbs.

Wrist straps on a lat pulldown machine. Wrist straps for doing 4 pull-ups. Gloves for anything. Cut off your callous with a razor, stop being a fag.

Not wiping down equipment.

People that think they can do circuits at a busy gym and get pissed when someone uses "their" machine.

Stinky people. If you smell like balls, and start sweating, it only gets worse. Hygiene...this goes with wiping down equipment.

People that do maybe 5 mins of working out, followed by 30 min of static stretching, which they do on one of the free benches or mats people need to use for actual exercise.

Talkers. They are usually fat, and bounce between people who will suffer their moronic babble. They might do wrist curls all while being about 80-100lbs overweight. The priority list is upside down.

I go to a military gym, my only pet peeve is they let civi's in...

I go to a civi gym but they let military in for free !

The guy that pisses me off the most is some skinny nob with dreads who I swear is wearing his underwear. It ain't right.

I hate the guys who come and stand right on top of me. Get out of my space :mad:

Ya Trevor, I hear you on that. Be tasteful, respectful, and courteous. I am not making anyone uncomfortable, and would call someone a creep if they were. The earphones save me a lot of headache. There are bigger guys out there, but I do some powerlifting, and don't want distractions. I am there to get stronger, it's not a bar. Don't need to shoot the shit. Guys who wear a belt and straps to dead 315 or shrug 100lb dumbbells irritate me. If you can't grip it, you shouldn't lift it.

I go to a civi gym but they let military in for free !
:

That's cool! Here in canuckistan the military are not supported to the level they are in the states. Recently a store I shop at stopped giving military discount (5%) I asked why and the manager said he knows how much we make and we don't need a discount!!

I don't mind the civi too much in my gym, and I've only been lifting regularly in the weight room for 8 months so I an a newb and I don't think I'm qualified to have pet peeves. I'm sure I've pissed off some of the hard cores when I first started out, before I learned the ediquette. Reading threads like this, especially on body builder.com is good ediquette info.

Last edited:
Things that piss me off in the gym:

-People who stand around in the squat rack and take an hour to do a lift.
-People who jump around and act hard right after they just lifted weight and had horrendous form.
-1/4 squatters. Why squat 350lbs when you only go down two or three inches?????
-Shadow boxers/dancers. I have several of these people at the gym. Do that sh*t at home.
-People who hoard several pieces of equipment at the time. They use one, get up and go to another, then when you go to use that equipment, they come over and say "im using that." Uh, no. You were over there doing something else.
-Those who come tell me how to do something and tell me what "works." This especially aggravates me when its "broscience"

1/4 Squatters! Saw a guy today at the gym (Civ in Afghanistan) and wasn't sure if he was squatting or doing calf raises. What a waste.

1. guys who only bench and do arms, but never legs so they have chicken legs.

2. the little Skinny Ambercrombie & Finch wannabe's who are always lifting their shirt to see their abs between every set

3. Crossfit. I don't have a problem with the actual workouts but there are clases for that stuff, I hate when someone decides to do a crossfit workout and take up 5 work stations at once during peak times.

Well I'm doing pretty good then I don't think I do any of this. Haha.

The only thing I do that may be someone's pet peeve list, is sweat a ton. But I can't really control that.

I don't much care for people that look at me all wierd when I'm doing squats and a nut pops out of my ranger panties, I mean it's not like I intend for that to happen but when your rockin some badass daisy duke runnin shorts to fit in with the cool guys what do they expect. Don't like my hairy balls hangin out then dont look

I almost cried while I was laughing so hard, I just wish I could read your post without picturing it

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Shadow boxers/dancers. lol

You should come to my gym and watch lord of the dance bust a move between sets. Seriously bro, this is a gym not a club.

People who spend more time on the phone than they do on the piece of equipment I would like to use

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

What really pisses me off is when I've spent the last 3hrs grunting in front of the gym mirror while playing with my phone and sweating buckets of foul, beer spiked perspiration, a bunch of dudes complain about me on an internet forum. My Hollywood diet cleanse along with beef jerky and 5hr energy is producing the results because the girls I stare at seem to stare back.

I would have to say the jackasses who come in just to talk. You can be mid routine and they stop you to talk about your form and what you could do better. Or they are just bored with themselves and want to chat.

Or the fucktard that want to hold up a machine for an hour because they are "super setting" with other equipment. Well, your weight has been siting still for more then 10 minutes and you are getting moved off!! Sorry!

How about male exotic dancers who wear spaghetti tank tops with their clubs name in rhinestones on the front and fucking g-strings? Vegas is an odd place but the cool thing is I get to see all the female fitness models who have the most ridiculous bodies and the pro IFBB guys like Cutler, Wolf, Heath etc...

Ya Trevor, I hear you on that. Be tasteful, respectful, and courteous. I am not making anyone uncomfortable, and would call someone a creep if they were. The earphones save me a lot of headache. There are bigger guys out there, but I do some powerlifting, and don't want distractions. I am there to get stronger, it's not a bar. Don't need to shoot the shit. Guys who wear a belt and straps to dead 315 or shrug 100lb dumbbells irritate me. If you can't grip it, you shouldn't lift it.

I hate straps in general.

I would have to say the jackasses who come in just to talk. You can be mid routine and they stop you to talk about your form and what you could do better. Or they are just bored with themselves and want to chat.

Or the fucktard that want to hold up a machine for an hour because they are "super setting" with other equipment. Well, your weight has been siting still for more then 10 minutes and you are getting moved off!! Sorry!

Super setting is bullshit anyways.