• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

h-380 in 308 win using heavy bullets for ar-10/m1a?

Smcarroll

gun nut
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2011
Montana/Wyoming
Since this powder is readily available can it be used in semi autos pushing a 175 gr bullet? Sierra gives load data but hornady doesn't.

For the M1-A Platform try to stick to IMR 4895 and IMR 4064 .I would also suggest to stay in the Bullet weight range of 150-175 grains .The M1-A gas System and Operating Rod was designed around a specific pressure curve.If you can not find the IMR powders try to stay close to their burn rates .For a Ball Powder 748 and Bl-C2 should work.Using powders way out of this range could cause your OP -Rod to fail .

Regards Mike

I run mostly varget and rl-15, but even with a good supply every time I shoot a bullet my stock dwindles. H380 is available in 8lb containers. I was hoping someone knew something I didn't but oh well.

Varget and Rl-15 should be fine to use .I think that the H-380 will be to slow to use .My load with 175 SMK are 43.2 with RL-15 in LC-LR Brass .For Varget I used 44 Grains in a LC-LR Case .This was the load I used for 1000 yards .If you are shooting less that that you may be able to back the load down a little.

Regards .Mike

P.S>. Remember to work up the the loads