• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H 4895 ?

Old Corps 8541

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2022
Milton FL
Did the folks that make Hodgdon's powder loose the recipe ? ,or is Hodgdon having another brain fart and doing away with this powder ?

• Haha
Reactions: simonp
I am just waiting for the announcement from component companies to expect more delays and price increases due to the bridge collapse in Maryland yesterday - that was honestly my first thought when I saw the news.

• Haha
Reactions: Herb Stoner
A batch just came and went. I missed it by that much.

I need it for a rifle/load I haven't loaded or shot in 30 years. Talk about waiting a long time for powder. ;)

H4895 has been pretty much unavailable since 2019, but in the last 6 months or so it's popped up in stock about 3 times in very limited quantities at hodgdon direct and a few dealers and it has sold out very quickly, typically with quantity limits per customer per order.

I've had 3x 8# jugs on backorder since 2020ish, who knows if I'll ever get them.

Managed to snag 10# (order limit) at powder valley a few months ago when they had some, but missed the latest drop a few days ago when apparently for a very brief moment brownells had some.

I've read from a few places that the plant in Australia that makes it was having issues and is undergoing deep maintenance/upgrades, but I've chatted with a couple of Australian members here and they say they have no issues finding it over there, where it's sold as ADI 2206H... so maybe production rates are low and exports are being limited.

Pain in the ass, as it's easily the best powder I've found for heavies in 2x 223s and 2x 223AIs.

A lot of people have been feeling your same pain for AWHILE. I also just missed it at brown ells the other day and I about offed myself over it, LOL. Im hoping it will pop up somewhere else soon that Im not to slow to snag.

Haven't been able to try it but I'd like to. 8208 xbr works pretty good for me but that's been on the same schedule as h4895 apparently.

Haven't been able to try it but I'd like to. 8208 xbr works pretty good for me but that's been on the same schedule as h4895 apparently.

Yep, good luck finding any of that in stock anywhere soon!