• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes H 59 tutorials

Jkelleghan

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2020
Is anyone aware of any really great tutorials for someone new to using the H 59 reticle, I've done a little quick searching but haven't been able to find much, thought maybe somebody here could point me in the right direction.

It seems to be almost completely self explanatory. What are you having trouble with?

If your ballistic solution calls for 7.5 mils up and 2.1 mils left then you hold that spot on the reticle and fire. If you see it hit .5 left of the target you hold 7.5 up and only 1.6 left on the follow up shot.

There isn't a lot more to it than that. It's a 2 dimensional tape measure.

I'm not having trouble with anything, I've just noticed a lot of tutorials out for the tremor 3 for example that point out some interesting features I wouldn't have noticed on my own, wondered if the same kind of thing existed for the h 59, i'm somewhat new to these busier reticles, figured I'd see if anyone knew of any.

I'm not having trouble with anything, I've just noticed a lot of tutorials out for the tremor 3 for example that point out some interesting features I wouldn't have noticed on my own, wondered if the same kind of thing existed for the h 59, i'm somewhat new to these busier reticles, figured I'd see if anyone knew of any.
The Tremor 3 tutorials are needed for the extra complexity of wind dots. There aren't any features like that on the H59 that you are missing. Just look at a subtension chart for the H59 so you know exactly what each feature on the reticle measures in mils.

theLBC, thanks. Very helpful information. I also had questions about the sub-tensions and wind dots etc. and that was very spot on. Great info.

Horus Manual......should download to your desktop.

Attachments

• manual_horus_hdmr copy.pdf
    716.4 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: goneal
Reactions: Jkelleghan
Yup...what theLBC posted is what I used to learn it.

Once you read that booklet PDF...a light comes on just how simple it really is...

The H59 is hands down my all time favorite reticle...

The Tremor's wind dots jack with my eye focus all the dang time...

Yup...what theLBC posted is what I used to learn it.

Once you read that booklet PDF...a light comes on just how simple it really is...

The H59 is hands down my all time favorite reticle...

The Tremor's wind dots jack with my eye focus all the dang time...
mine too.
there are some minor typos in that document, but you may notice yourself.
on page 4 the Close-up view of H59 Horus Grid Pattern lists the thickness of the hash marks, but it says long when it should say wide. ex. 0.02 mils wide