• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H Benchmark for heavy bullets in 6mm ARC

chefcam864

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2013
Spartanburg, SC
Has anyone tried Benchmark with 105-108 grain bullets in 6 ARC. I know it’s a little fast, but at this point I have to work with what I have. I’d appreciate anyone’s experience feedback with this combo.

Rifle is an AR-15 with 21” Odin Works 1:7.5 bbl

hi there,
i've been reloading about 3-4 yr, got into 6mm arc early and am not a big bore shooter at all, only enjoy low recoil and very accurate. i started loading with leverR and figured the extruded would be less mess ;). yes that simple - so i got the benchmark and it was so much easier . i immed started shooting out to 800 yd with ease, i'm crazy into prarie dog shooting, running about 9000 rounds a summer in 4 trips to SD. have a few nice built wilson combat AR, with 22" proofs, all the other goodies on them too from diamond trigger to 7x35 ATACR's, stopped shooting them the moment i got in my first MPA chassis in the the 6mm arc- ok enough back ground blablabla.
i keep it simple on the load- 27g bench mark, a 268 bushing in the wilson FL die, COL-2.140, gives me 15/1000s of the lans, i anneal each time, have about 2700 cases that are on their 8-11th reload per. the 27" factory barrel from mpa gets the 87g vmax going 2925fps, not a single crack in any case, and the barrel is still as of yesterday shooting 1/2" no BS after 9400 rounds on same dam barrel. i have 3 new mpa on order now, 2 in 22-arc , and extra 6mmArc and a barrel spare for my first 6mmArc from them, but i'm not changing barrels till i can't shoot a 1". mpa says don't expect that on all my stuff, but think it's because of the 27g benchmark and not trying to over do it all. go to youtube channel named prarie dog express or yourtube search prarie dog express v.101, or v.102, or v.103 send it", to see how the vmax does 200-700yd

Thanks for the info. I settled on 25.3 Benchmark with a 105 Barnes and it worked well. I really like the ARC, but it is a little finicky to load for just because you have so little case volume and are limited on which powders work. But as you said, benchmark works well and so does Lever R