• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

H&K/Walther MP5 .22lr Red Dot Recommendations???

borefodder

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2012
Seattle, WA
Hi All,

So I did do some searches on this but couldn't find anything so forgive me if this or a similar thread has already been done.

I recently picked up for the hell of it one of those H&K/Walther MP5 .22lr SD rifles. I've only shot it open site so far and I like it. It's a fun little plinker. I am looking to put some type of red dot on it but not sure what fits and mounts well on those. I am not looking to drop any big coin on it so nothing like a T1 or anything. It is after all just a plinker but something decent so long as it mounts up relatively easily. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Joe

Last edited:
Anyone???? Bueller?? I can't be the only dork with one of these..... Wow that's odd, my post count started over to zero again.

Look at TRU-GLO and I believe NC star makes a MP5 clone adapter. That's what I did for my GSG-5.

Vortex SPARC... I don't personally own one, but I've used one and it was pretty impressive for $200

Thanks for the feed back fellas. I've not played with a tru-glo but i was considering them. The SPARC looks great. I may end up going that direction if it will mount up. It seems to get great reviews. My only concern with that one is I'll like it too much and end up throwing in on one of my AR's. lol

I have a Sparc and love it, but never thought about it for the MP-5 set up. I have the TRUGLO TG8360B and REALLY like mine on th MP-5 as it's wide open and low profile for CQB stuff. The SPARC has a slight tube effect and I feel works better at 75-200yds rather than 10-25yds.

179627.jpg

TRUGLO Reflex Red Dot Sight Red Green 4-Pattern Reticle (15 MOA Peep

Never had a tru glo one but had a simar looking barska on my gsg for a long time and never had a single issue. Youll need a claw mount for optics, nc star makes them, as does hk and several others, can't speak for the umarex rifles but the pre lawsuit gsg was ebery bit as accurate as my heavy barreled 22, but a bit harder to use accurately as the trigger broke about as cleanly as a wet sponge

Yeah I think I am leaning towards one of these types of sites. This one too is very accurate at least on iron sites so far. The trigger break is surprisingly light and relatively smooth. Much more so than I thought it would be although it could be a little more crisp but it is after all a .22 replica. Can't expect it all for 500 bucks i suppose. Certainly a fun little shooter for the range, cans, potatoes and the occasional unlucky chipmunk that wonders by before we start plinking in the woods.

What mounts did you all use for them? I have searched around and all I can find are the ones on HKparts.net and they are about 100 bucks. I was wondering if there are any alternatives that you all may have found for less or maybe that mounts right up?

Thanks

Thanks Bunsen27 for the tip on the other rail. I appreciate it. Looks like that one is a little more reasonable.