• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes h2cmr reticle on a budget?

Penguin156

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
Wisconsin
I've pretty much fallen in love with the S&B h2cmr reticle . . . only problem is that I only have 1/4 to 1/3 of what I need to buy a S&B and I haven't seen much it in anything else really. Does anyone know of anything good that's a little more practically priced that would have a reticle close to that? I really like how easy that one is to read with the dot and hash mark combination. I have about $1k to play with right now but I could hold out slightly longer to save $1,500 if I could find something good with a reticle like the h2cmr.

Re: h2cmr reticle on a budget?

Do you have a scope now? If so, just keep saving until you have enough to get what you really want.

If you don't have a scope, pick up a used NF. They will hold their value very well. Shoot it until you have another 1500-2000 saved up, then buy the Schmidt.

Re: h2cmr reticle on a budget?

I don't. I can get a brand new Trijicon 5-20x50 Accupoint for $900, so I was thinking about picking that up and then just saving until I can afford the S&B. I hear the 5-20x50 Accupoint is a good glass. Think this would likely hold it's value for while? I don't know if I have it in me to save for another few months to afford a Nightforce only to start saving again.