• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

H4350 Availability? Supplying plant burned.

have seen some for sale online but both places require you pick it up which could explain why or how they still have it . i wish i knew a local place that had any but no luck here .

Reactions: bearring
I hear that it should be in stock at local shops sometime in April. I was told 4350 is made in Australia and shipped here in bulk.

I was told 4350 is made in Australia and shipped here in bulk.

in case people wanted a read

Just ordered 2 pounds of RL16. Everyone seems to be able to get it to shoot. If 4350 comes back, I'll go back. Or maybe not.

Yes, I just got off the phone with a supplier, the plant that supplies the powder for H4350 burned down in Australia.

I have started testing StaBALL 6.5 as a substitute. The initial testing has show good results in the 2802 fps range with 2.2 SD. Next have set up a validation testing ladder, which I am hoping to get shot this weekend. Will let you know the results.

RL16 has worked well for me in my 6.5 Creedmoor. Just as accurate as H-4350, maybe even a bit more accurate. Only downside I've noticed is that RL16 seems heat up the barrel a little faster which makes me believe it's hotter burning powder. Hotter burn means faster throat erosion.

What about Reloader 17? anyone try it? I found 5 pounds a few weeks ago . Haven't tried it yet.

i tried to call them to ask the question. no one answered so maybe the story is true. might try again tomorrow. maybe a koala will answer.

yeah i know, our property was right in the middle of 2 fronts, but they're almost out now. a few in canberra still going. spewing they didn't make it to parliament house. we had storms a few weeks ago which put the majority of the fires in nsw out. can't speak for other states as they have their own rural firefighters and website showing fires still going. the one below is only for nsw where i'm from.

What about Reloader 17? anyone try it? I found 5 pounds a few weeks ago . Haven't tried it yet.

41.5 gr under a 140 ELD-M gets me ~2750fps

Tikka Tac A1 6.5CM averaging 0.5MOA

Temp does seem to be an issue, but with good notes it hasn’t been a problem.

41.5 gr under a 140 ELD-M gets me ~2750fps

Tikka Tac A1 6.5CM averaging 0.5MOA

Temp does seem to be an issue, but with good notes it hasn’t been a problem.

I was shopping Midsouth Shooters Supply for other items but noticed that they had IMR 4350 in stock.

Yes, I just got off the phone with a supplier, the plant that supplies the powder for H4350 burned down in Australia.
This is not a true statement. H4350 is made in the same plant as all of the other Hodgdon Extreme rifle powders, this is a well known fact. I would suggest checking with Hodgdon for more reliable information.

Reactions: Sierra770
This is not a true statement. H4350 is made in the same plant as all of the other Hodgdon Extreme rifle powders, this is a well known fact. I would suggest checking with Hodgdon for more reliable information.
ADI makes it for Hodgdon which is in Australia

sadly I just bought everything I could find imr 4350 , and 24lbs of n555 found h 4350 in Canada that was a waist of time and plenty of imr 4831 again in canada thought about starting a smuggling ring it worked for alcohol I could be my own Juan Valdez using donkeys teams to carry thousands of 1lb jugs back and forth through the woods into the frozen hell of Canada fighting my way past moose and the occasional Canadian Mountie police on giving chase lol man I know it past my bed time .
1610408227576.png
hi yo silver AWAY at least the theme song would be catchie . .