• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

H4350...... Out of stock everywhere again??

Mk32784

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2017
I was able to buy a 8lbs jug of H4350 a few months ago off grafs pretty easily.

Now I can't find one anywhere. Are batches produced, sold until gone and then another batch produced? Anyone with any insight when H4350 will show up again?

I just saw 3lbs at the local Sportsmans Warehouse.

thanks for the tip, sadly there isn’t one close to me. I’ve called up every shop I know that’s local to me and none of them have it either...

Kentucky Gun Co has both in stock...at least in the 1lb size
EvergladesAmmo has the h4350 in 8lb size

Last edited:
Reactions: Mainer
Southwest ammo.com appears to have 8lb jugs in stock for $185.

Brownells had it last week, until they had their 1 cent hazmat and free shipping. I got mine ordered just in time

Gone. Had it in my cart.
I live 10 miles from there if they have precision oriented stuff, they are holding out in their retail store. I haven’t seen a 8# jug of varget or 4350 in a LOOOOONG time in that place. But if you want hornady projectiles and good conversation with a foul mouthed old man (he is pretty funny when he talks shit about society and when he answers the phone) it’s a place to go.

Reactions: Scrupplez
Thankfully now there’s some excellent alternatives to H4350.
IMR 4451, Reloder 16 at the minimum
20191225_161957.jpg
20191225_142011.jpg

My powder man says Hogdon got blindsided by a large order from the Australian Military and hasn't caught up to demand. Don't know if it is true or not, but it would make sense.

My LGS has claimed for years that normally the powder companies are set up to produce a certain amount of each powder, make that lot, then move on to the next. Doesn't matter if there's a shortage of one kind, they will make it in it's order. In other words A,B,C; then A,B,C again. Supposedly no deviation. Dunno, that's what they've claimed.

I think I have an 8lb. jug in the Denver area if anybody needs it. I'm still working on the first 8. I might even have a couple 1lb. too. PM me if interested. Local only.

Everyone seems to be out of it now. I’m going to attempt to find it at my local place that I hate to shop at.

I can’t find any local or neighboring cities up to 2 hours away.

lgs said 3 nato military's switched to h4350 for their magnum rifles, along with the fires and current orders, figure 2 years out.

:oops:

I sure hope not.

Guess I need to try some other powders
Imr4451 is an excellent alternative being just a bit slower.

R16 is my new go to.
Accuracy, ES, temp stable and easy speed using a bit less than 4350 and 4451.

Imr4451 is an excellent alternative being just a bit slower.

R16 is my new go to.
Accuracy, ES, temp stable and easy speed using a bit less than 4350 and 4451.
Old man lgs also said kansas imr fire has caused a hold on imr powders, so get em while you can....

My local gun shop had over 30 1pounders of h4350 I bought a case of it today. Sucks because it’s more expensive that way but at least I got it if it’s about to get scarce

Maybe now I can unload the 8 lb. jug of H4350 that I bought when I was still looking for an AR-10 and leaning towards the 6.5. In the end I went the .308 route and it just sits on the shelf taunting me.

My local gun shop had over 30 1pounders of h4350 I bought a case of it today. Sucks because it’s more expensive that way but at least I got it if it’s about to get scarce
I was in the same boat but 8 matching lot # 1lbs bottles is worth it. He’s the closest place around that has it. Drove 2 hours to grab it.

I saw one 8LB jug at Elite Pawn & Gun in conyers ga the other day. I don't know if they ship or not or how much it was.
Here's the number 770-483-1649

Reloder 16

I worked up a load using reloader 16 when I had trouble finding H4350.

It's an excellent powder. Temp stable as well.

My FN Spr 6.5 creedmoor shoots RL16 every bit as good as h4350. The same charge gets me the same velocity and accuracy as h4350 with 140 eld-m bullets out of a 22" benchmark sendero.

For anyone near the Black Hills area that is in need of H4350, I have 22 lbs (1-#8 and 14-#1) I will make a hell of a deal on. Not shooting the 300WSM anymore.

I have started testing StaBALL 6.5 as a substitute. The initial testing has show good results in the 2802 fps range with 2.2 SD. Next have set up a validation testing ladder, which I am hoping to get shot this weekend. Will let you know the results.
Hodgdons Website has a nice letter stating they are sorry for the shortage and are trying to overcome the supply chain issues.

When it does come back in to stock there will probably be so much pent up demand combined with the people that have to restock their bunker it will probably go right back out of stock again... I swear between this and Varget recently! Although on the brighter side is it forcing me to test some alternative powders.

When it does come back in to stock there will probably be so much pent up demand combined with the people that have to restock their bunker it will probably go right back out of stock again... I swear between this and Varget recently! Although on the brighter side is it forcing me to test some alternative powders.
I have a standing order for 64 pounds of H4350 and Varget when it comes back into stock

I have started testing StaBALL 6.5 as a substitute. The initial testing has show good results in the 2802 fps range with 2.2 SD. Next have set up a validation testing ladder, which I am hoping to get shot this weekend. Will let you know the results.
Hodgdons Website has a nice letter stating they are sorry for the shortage and are trying to overcome the supply chain issues.

I just grabbed a few pounds to do test loads with.

If I can throw them on the redding, it'll work better anyways. If I put the redding on the dillon, then to hell with extruded powders.

As with many others, thanks for the link and ordered!!! The pixie dust that is farted from the magical purple unicorn has been made available!