• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

H4350 Rifle power

Jojosdad

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2017
Can anyone tell me where I can order some H4350 powder PLZ? I can't get it Anywhere! Thank you!!

If you can't find it then buy IMR4451.

Get on Facebook in the 6.5Creedmoor pages and people re always posting up when H4350 is found. Actually quite a bit out there.

Recently received 8 lbs. from Graf's. It had been on BO maybe 2-3 months, which isn't bad.

What other powders have you tried? other than 4451? Maybe some 4831? I am going to try a light load of 4895 and see how it goes. It shoots everything else and I have a good supply so will give it a try. I don't expect too much in velocity but? In my 6.5 Creedmoor. FM

Not sure where you live but I was in Palmetto State Armory yesterday and they had an 8lb jug. You may need to get out to the bigger retailers and do some looking.

I've got and have only tried 4895. Accuracy good but lacks in speed. I live in Indiana and don't really know where to look other than online and local gun dealers checking their suppliers for me with no luck. Km Glasgow, can u explain what u mean by not as temp insensitive plz? I'm new to this whole deal and veryou UN knowledgeable still. Thank yall!

Exactly what devildog said. Powder temp affects velocity. IMR4350 and Accurate 4350 change velocity more with temperature. How much I'm not sure.

Thanks guys. I ordered some imr4451. Gonna do my ladder testing with it at 300 yards? My ultimate goal is 1000 yards once I find my load

I tried 36 gr. 4895 it shot well but did a vertical string thing. I tried 37.3 gr. and it was better, no pressure signs and shot flatter and grouped better.. Going up a bit farther and hoping for the best.
May not be as fast as I want but I have plenty of it. YMMV 6.5 Creedmoor at 1000.
I would rather use other powders but am sick and tired of being sick and tired of trying to find the better powders only to find them out of stock so will try shooting what I have a lot of and expect it to be a bit slow, long as it hits it is good enough for me. Dial up a click or two and go for it. FM
These shortages will work out sometime but in the mean time I will at least be shooting.

Last edited:
Foul like. That's great to know thank you. Ok what YMMV or FM means . Can u plz explain. Sorry for my ignorance...

Foul Mike. Can u plz lemme know what ends up being the right grains with the H4895? Also, what 6.5 creedmoor do u have? Mine is a savage 10BA.

Damnit. Just loaded a bunch of shells for ladder testing with the imr4451. Gonna see how it goes. Lots of rain n wind in Indiana right now. Hop in

That's great news! About time this powder is starting to show up on shelves.

Just went to my normal store this afternoon and the shelf was full of it. I just laughed... I had bought the only pound they had a month ago, guess it's starting to be more available.

The local shop here had a few 8lb jugs and 6 one pounders. More is on order. Unfortunately the distributor gouged him and he had to sell it for $31/lb ($30/lb for the 8lb jugs). He normally sells it for $25/lb.

I saw it at my local gun store today as well, it was higher than normal at $30 for 1 lb and $220 for 8 lb's. First time I saw it there in months, I stocked up over the past 2 weeks from Midsouth and Powder Valley.

I really hope hope it starts becoming more available, but that may take a while from the looks of it.

I shot my IMR 4451 today. 41.9 grains seems to be the sweet spot

Switched to RL-16 since H4350 is impossible to find. So far it's been working great out of my 6.5 Creedmoor.

Just have to keep looking for it. Been searching locally for a month and found about 50 lbs of it today and bought a case of 10 and a 8lb jug to hopefully last me for the rest of the year.

What powder charge pvt donut?

I'm using 42.4 grains. Out of a 20" barrel I'm getting 2730 fps. Probably on the hot side but it's working out so far.

41.9 grains of IMR4451 Tmrw 400 yards. 24" barrel . I need to get a chrono. Fingers crossed.

Pvt donut. 24"" barrel. I haven't bought a chrono yet. Just gttn started. So idk.

1 lb bottles are in stock now at reloading unlimited.
picked up 2 while waiting on the 8 lbs version.