• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hacked Accounts - Enable 2 Factor Authentication

alexj-12

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2020
    Illinois
    Hey everyone,

I'm sure that you've noticed that there's been an increase in hacked accounts lately so if your account has been hacked or you see a hacked account reach out to me or another staff member and we can resolve the issue.

In order to have extra security on your account, we strongly recommend enabled 2 factor authentication on your account, which can be done under password and security. Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited:
    2FA enabled. It's easy - take the five minutes to get it done.

Just as a note for those who are worried if you setup the Google Authenticator and don't have that phone all the time or might loose it.
    You can actually run Google Authenticator on 2 phones (such as work and personal or main and backup) and have the 2FA for SH & other sites setup on both phones, you just have to have both phones on and do the 2FA setup with the same QR code on both phones at the same time when setting it up the first time.
    You'll know if you got it right because the rotating codes on both phones will match.

from outside the site,

it's big giant hacks that steal your email and password, you know the same one you used on the last 3 accounts you registered.

if you use the same password that was stole from the big hack, you will get hacked every where you used it.

As a little note, if you happen to use Chrome or Edge and have your passwords saved there, if you run the security reports it will often tell you what passwords are reused and often if any might have been compromised.