• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Had a great day!

RMB

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2019
I had the day off.....and went to a small gun show. Got there early about 20 minutes before it "opened".

Long story short....kinda jogged through the booths and saw a vendor with small rifle primers (205M, CCI) and asked him how much.....he said:

#100.00 per 1,000...So I think not too bad...kinda pricy but I am getting pretty F#cking low (about 2,200 left).....

So I ask how may do you have....he said 6,000....i think "really" and ask "you have any large rifle primers."..he says "yup, got some 210M".....

So, I asked how many,,,,,He said 3,000........

Well I offered him $90.00 per 1,000 for all of them.....$900.00 and he said OK...Well I gotta run to the bank to get the cash,,,,I had no idea that I would have this opportunity......

Then he says I have 15,000 small pistol primers .....Or really? What type?........"100M" he replys..........

So I am into this right for $100.00 per 1,000 or $900.00 and you have another 15,000 for sale....really....

He shows me the stock.....and I am not a pistol guy but my fiends are...So WTF....I offered him $80.00 per 1.000for all of it.....or $1,980 all in...

He says..."OK" I hand him the $300.00 I had on hand and head to the Bank.....

Long story short...I have paid less than this for a car (I am 66 years old)....and actually feed pretty good about this....I am set up for most of next year and my pistol friends will pay me back.

My wife is gonna have kittens when get the bank statement...I took it out of her "emergency" account.....but, if this was not an emergency what is.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
Its nice to have stock, even if paying high. Tis better to be a have, not a have not.

Brother, can you spare a brick of primers to a fellow American down on his luck? (In best Bogart voice)

Reactions: Alphatreedog
And people say gun shows are a waste of time...

I’ve had tremendous luck at shows, you just have to be patient.
Pro tip: don’t just scan the table top. Look behind it and under it. Many deals have been made by asking, “hey what’s that you got behind you under those boxes.” 😉

Reactions: RMB