• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Had it with UPS

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    Next time they throw 60lbs. of powder and primers over my railing like a shot put, not get a signature, throw a rifle over the rail onto the porch, left with no signature as well or have me wait here ALL DAY just to leave a note on my gate that I can go wander the neighboring town like Hansel and Gretel and go find it tomorrow, I guarantee UPS, you'll pay for it. I'll be filming all UPS activity on my property and documenting deliveries. I'll be keeping emails and receipts. Next time UPS breaks the law or leaves a weapon out for a criminal or child to find it, or throws what is in essence a bomb over my porch, I'm going to the cops for any criminal filings, the lawyer for any civil filings and the news for their trial by public.

All these laws and shit and polices and regulations and it's all just a fucking scam? I HAVE to pay for signature on delivery, HAVE to pay for hazmat, but they aren't required to follow through on their end!? No, that's services not rendered. And throwing boxes marked "explosive" over the porch like it's just a box of junk, and not getting sigs on those either? That's putting my family and home at risk and I don't appreciate that. I don't appreciate my weakest link with respect to my weapons security is UPS.

UPS, you've been warned. Try me. I promise I'll do all I said I would do. But your days of improperly delivered packages, charging me for services not rendered, enforcing your policies on me, but ignoring them when it suits you, leaving weapons and other dangerous items on the porch or side of the road for anyone to steal and throwing boxes of explosive material on my porch and running off with no signatures for any of this shit is OVER.

UPS, you will be held accountable. And I bet the anti gun fucks will be all over your ass for leaving that stuff laying around. UPS, you are part of the problem.

I don't know if you have a Facebook account or not Strykervet, but this is the exact thing that needs to go on UPS's Facebook page. Companies hate to see this kind of publicity for the whole world to see. I would be LIVID if I came home and found a rifle sitting on my front porch.
    I've had problems with a company, and posted it on their Facebook page and withing minutes, it's taken care of.

You bet, post it on Facebook and have every criminal within 100 miles staking out your front porch to steal all the goodies UPS leaves unattended. Brilliant.

How about instead of ranting to people who can't do anything about it, you send a slightly less bombastic tantrum letter to the UPS Regional Office, the Headquarter office and yes, the local office. Take the trouble to find the supervisor's name and title of each place and send it to them along with dates and instances of the violations.

You might even get your problem solved and if you don't you will have it documented when you have to take it up with the proper authorities.

Unfortunately you most likely have a UPS driver that doesn't follow the rules. A company that I worked for was acquired by UPS and I was part of the M&A Due Diligence team. I found them to be very professional. I live in a rural area and prefer UPS over other carriers since I have had the no issues with them, We know the driver and he goes out of his way to make sure packages are handled properly. I would contact the local manager and express your dissatifaction with the driver on your route.

I'll consider adding facebook since my wife uses it, she can do it from work I guess (edit: I don't know much about facebook, I don't use it, but there are ways that and youtube can be used without giving up gps locations). I can add that to the media and lawyers if they can't pull their shit together and do this another time. If an hour on the phone with the lady explaining in great detail the gravity of the situation and how big of a deal this is didn't do it, calling them again won't. And that wasn't the first call by far.

I'm thinking they won't change unless forced to. If nobody knows and they get away with it because the problem is epidemic in their system, then exposure is the only way I guess.

We'll see I suppose.

I've called and that's good enough --they forward that on to the proper people so it's been documented by them. I'll use video evidence if/when it comes to that. Writing letters to them would be wasting my time, they are fully aware of the problem but if it goes far enough I'll discuss strategy with the lawyer. It's not the first time I've called and my wife has spoken directly with several of the ones she could get ahold of and she's much better on the phone than I am.

So they've had it delivered straight and with sugar, I'm fed up so the next time I film it and make it public. Maybe film myself stopping the driver asking why he didn't sign for... and I'll unpack the rifle while talking. Ask him why he'd leave such a powerful weapon unattended with no signature or even a knock at the door? See what he has to say. I bet that would go over well on youtube and ideally one of the propaganda tv channels.

If nothing else, it's eye catching and incendiary at this moment in time, and they are most definitely charging for services not rendered, and had I received what I paid for, then none of the problems I'm complaining about would have materialized. It's pure laziness.

And FedEx does similar shit, but is generally better than UPS. The only time they ALWAYS get it right is when it's sent to my PO box and USPS signs for it, but can't do that with hazmat or firearms and certain shippers.

THEY.DON'T.CARE.

Sorry, not trying to be a prick to you, but I also had problems (much less severe, non firearms related) 30+ years ago. They didn't give a flying fuck back then either. I would like to say that I have successfully, 100% boycotted them since then, but I'd be lying. I try to use them as little as possible. If I purchase something from a vendor that doesn't offer a choice, I will e-mail or call that vendor and tell them I will take my business elsewhere. Sometimes (not always) the vendor "finds" an alternate shipping method and I buy from them. If the vendor seems indifferent and I can buy the same/similar item somewhere else, off I go. People think Comcast is the worst US company. I don't, it's UPS.

I'm pretty lucky. I'm able to have everything I order delivered to my work address, Powder, primers, books, yes even guns from CMP. My boss doesn't mind. I just don't like the idea of having packages left on my porch. My wife ordered a book for my daughter a while back. The thing cost close to $100. She didn't have it delivered to my work, instead, she had it delivered to my house. The postal worker, left it sitting on the sidewalk in front of my house, where it got rained on. I was not happy. I told my wife (again) to have everything delivered to my work. I complained to the post office, but they don't give a rip.

I guess it varies by location/driver. I live out in the country, home town has 1 stop light. I know my UPS driver's name, his family, and interests. He knows mine as well, I've built a rapport with him so that I'm not just a faceless customer at the end of the line. USPS as well, helped her fix her car one time, and we're in like Flynn. If we're not home, they turn around and bring non-sig-reqd items to my parents down the road. A little kindness goes a long way out here..

UPS absolutely sucks. Won’t even buy anything unless seller uses another carrier. They frequently don’t update their tracking and have lost two packages of mine in the past year.

Plus their customer service reps are fucking idiots.

OP, sorry (but not surprisd) you had to go through that.

Parcel carriers are giant companies and the drivers are the weakest link. If your driver sucks you service will suck. If your driver doesn’t suck, your service won’t suck. Drivers are hired from the local population so your driver may well be a general reflection of the local work force in your area. Some are really good, some are terrible, but most are likely adequate...

As others have said, its 100% on the package car driver.

Get in touch with your local UPS Loss Prevention office (your Customer Center can get you their number), they take this shit VERY seriously.

As others have said, its 100% on the package car driver.

Get in touch with your local UPS Loss Prevention office (your Customer Center can get you their number), they take this shit VERY seriously.

FedEx has tremendously in the past with a Nigerian scam, we fucked that guy up big time! Hats off to their agents! They went above and far beyond what even FBI would do (lazy fucking bourgeois police that only get involved if it's $250,000 or more at stake!).

I don't think they are taking it seriously enough, they are aware I'm VERY pissed, but I don't think they truly care. They've heard all this before. They will the next time this happens though, I'm not in the habit of making idle threats and ultimatums. This is serious, moreso for those of us that jealously guard our gear. If calling doesn't work, I'll go to the next step of gathering evidence and pressing the matter.

And I won't be silenced. I will double down on any attempt to do so.

UPS can play fuckup with computers and other shit all they want. When it comes to hazmat and firearms, they need to get their shit together, this is a very serious matter.

What burns my ass the most is if I lied and sent them through USPS, they'd come through unmolested and on time to my PO box. With no hazmat, sigs on delivery, etc. Amazing. Wish USPS still did a ground service and handled more restricted items.

And yeah, they all vary according to location. Apparently my location is one of the worst. There's little oversight around here and it seems they can get away with pretty much what they please. I think the management just slaps wrists and drives on, never doing anything of substance. I guess the war will continue...

But think a desperate individual trying to secure firearms and having UPS undermine his efforts will play well to the antis AND the pro-2a crowd. This is something we all want, after all.

Big companies have marketing folks that troll twitter for complaints, and a resolution team waiting to pounce and save some embarrassment. Their two twitter handles are UPS and UPSHELP. It’d be kind of cool to share with a news station too but I wouldn’t want anyone knowing who I was or where I lived. You could wrap up and disguise your voice like a cartel member or something :cool: