• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Haenel RS8

C4N4DIAN

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2019
Just got one, I was told there were like 3 of them in Canada. Wondering how many there are in the US and what US Owners think of them.

On my end, Stock trigger crisper but not as smooth as my SSG 3000. Action feels like a bank vault, integrated monopod is great. Everything screams massive Teutonic Steel.

Hi,

I am going to say there aren't any in the USA. Last time I spoke to the guys over at Caracal UAE about the USA market for the Haenel RS8 and RS9, they mentioned not wanting to deal with the USA liabilities and insurance regulations.

IIRC Caracal USA was looking to import one a few years ago for Shot Show but I am not sure if they actually did or not.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi C4N4DIAN,
could you please provide more information about your RS8? How does it shoot? Feeding it with reolads or factory ammo?
Thanks,
Davide

Hi C4N4DIAN,
could you please provide more information about your RS8? How does it shoot? Feeding it with reolads or factory ammo?
Thanks,
Davide

Hey Davide,

I took it out twice so this is my initial impressions.

Performs as expected of a top shelf German rifle. Rifle feels like a pure hunk of Teutonic Steel. Action is not smooth like my SSG 3000 or Cadex, feels very military and slightly stiff, a bit similar to desert tech but better. Haven't tried AI rifles but I suspect it would be similar. Feels like a bank vault.

Shoots sub 0.5 MOA easily with factory ammo when I do my part. I used FGM 168 SMK and Hornady Match HPBT 168 with similar results. I believe I can get even better results with a heavier 175 or 180 gr bullet. It Shot berdan primed Hirtenberger surplus at 0.9 MOA, which is my best result with this ammunition up to date ( average is 1.2 across my precision rifles)

The rifle exhibits huge POI Shifts when using different bullet grain ( 6 MOA Elevation and 6 MOA windage), As comparison, my SSG 3000 has no noticable POI shift. probably means that the bore is not as tight.

Trigger is extremely crisp and the break is clean, very lean first stage, almost no takeup, and easily adjustable. About 2 pounds. I love it. it is hard to shoot badly with such a trigger. I also love the SSG 3000 trigger which feels a lot smoother.

The integrated monopod, attachment points, cheek riser are extremely solid and well made.

Overall very satisfied with the rifle. Next I want to try is Alpine Ballista.

here are a few pics :

Last edited:
Looks like a fine rifle. I have a TRG 22 and an SSG 3000 (McMillan stock) and I've always been very fascinated by high-end European factory rifles. Still need to shoot an AI though. Anyway, this and the Unique Alpine TPG 3 really look like tanks.

Looks like a fine rifle. I have a TRG 22 and an SSG 3000 (McMillan stock) and I've always been very fascinated by high-end European factory rifles. Still need to shoot an AI though. Anyway, this and the Unique Alpine TPG 3 really look like tanks.

Yes ! TRG 22 is on top of my list, looks like an amazing platform.