• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hale-Parker Bipod to McMillan A5 Attachment?

dan46n2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2006
My McMillan A5 stock has one stud at the front of the stock, a Q.D sling type stud. I have searched and searched and can not figure out how to attach a Hale-Parker bipod (the one with the handstop) to it. There is a versapod adapter that comes close but the stud that snaps into the bipod is the wrong size. Has anyone been able to do this?

Re: Hale-Parker Bipod to McMillan A5 Attachment?

Here is a pic of someone that has done it. This is a rifle from GA Precision, those guys said I had to have a spigot installed, the pic shows this is not the case. How did this guy do this?

chuck1.jpg

I removed the swivel stud on mine and retapped the hole in the backing plate and used the esisting bolt and glued it in tight..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arcangel 4:16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I removed the swivel stud on mine and retapped the hole in the backing plate and used the esisting bolt and glued it in tight.. </div></div>

Not sure if I'm understanding you right. You used the existing bolt from the Parker -Hale handstop, glued and tightened that in place?

yes..but i drilled and tapped the existing little hole where the swivel came out of to the size of the hand stop attechment bolt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arcangel 4:16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes..but i drilled and tapped the existing little hole where the swivel came out of to the size of the hand stop attechment bolt. </div></div>

Thank you! I've been looking for an answer to this for a while.