• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Halo N-VIsion Optics

Pics from SHOT courtesy of ballistics1 ... more to come ...

Halo from the front ...

45927062145_70325bd0f6_h.jpg

==
Atlas from the button side

39876466433_92b9321d2c_h.jpg

==

Halo from the button side ...

32966044838_6db254e284_h.jpg

==

Talked to a N-Vision guy at the booth (I was on the phone since I am not there, but ballistics1 hooked me up) and we discussed the prospects of them doing a thermal clipon. They don't think there is enough of a market, that's the bottom line. I discussed the two markets I saw for thermal clipons ... the higher end ... LWTS-LR, UTCx- FLIR T75 and even their own TC50 and TC50a ... as well as the lower end like pulsar FX or even the older Apollos, but the guy I was talking to indicated clipons are tough to get the rear ends right and not worth it based on the market size.
So, at least now we know their intentions !
Over in the LWTS-LR thread .. there might be some better news on the way. Maybe something this year !
:)

Reactions: Max_R
I can't speak for Max, but if I was asked, I would say NO ... because you have to step down the voltage ... I made up some step down cables and some keep alive cables (if you turn the device off many USB batts go to sleep and you have to shake them to wake them up and that is annoying) ... but he might say yes, hoping you use a USB battery that will work !!!

:)

Also, you have to have a power interface to the unit.

I run Anker batteries on both of my Triji thermals without issue. I thought that I read/ heard in one of the reviews/ videos of the Halo's that there was a connection that you could plug a video out cable and/ or an external battery pack. I was curious to hear if that was truly the case.

No the battery pack wont void. Spoke with max about that at length today at the booth. The 25mm version comes with tenebrex objective cap and is an acog interface on the underside so it opens the 25mm up to a bunch of mounting options. My first impression ....is the halo is a phenomenal optic. Uses a very nice germanium lens and love the reticles.....which I may have had a bit of input on ;)....reticle #2 . Hashes with a floating center crosshair. The zoom seems to lose less detail than its competitors . I have some halo1080 video through the LPMR that I will post when I can upload.

Reactions: Bull Arms
No the battery pack wont void. Spoke with max about that at length today at the booth. The 25mm version comes with tenebrex objective cap and is an acog interface on the underside so it opens the 25mm up to a bunch of mounting options. My first impression ....is the halo is a phenomenal optic. Uses a very nice germanium lens and love the reticles.....which I may have had a bit of input on ;)....reticle #2 . Hashes with a floating center crosshair. The zoom seems to lose less detail than its competitors . I have some halo1080 video through the LPMR that I will post when I can upload.
I eagerly await for that video.

Thank you for that. These should sell like hot cakes.

Thank you, DownRangeThermal! Pleasure speaking with you yesterday. Thank you for answering USB warranty question. You got it exactly right - using an external USB power source (battery pack, computer USB, etc) will not void the warranty. Even more, HALO/HALO-LR are designed in a way that they will automatically switch to the USB power even if regular batteries are present. The idea is to save batteries. It's also possible to do "hot switching" between batteries and USB power source.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your video!

@Max_R Did I hear this has a 5 year warranty?

Can you confirm if the Halo and Halo-LR models will hold-up to the SCAR17s, and it's known issues with IR related devices?

When do you start shipping?

Hello @SkyScrapin,

Yes, all our thermals, including HALO and HALO-LR come with 5 years warranty.

We did not have a chance to test Halo and Halo-LR specifically on the SCAR17s. However, we've tested in on a number of different .308/7.62NATO weapons without any problems. I think that both HALO and HALO-LR should work just fine on SCAR17s.

We will start shipping HALO and HALO-LR in the second part of February. Production is going already.

@Max_R Did I hear this has a 5 year warranty?

Can you confirm if the Halo and Halo-LR models will hold-up to the SCAR17s, and it's known issues with IR related devices?

When do you start shipping?

Hello @SkyScrapin,

Yes, all our thermals, including HALO and HALO-LR come with 5 years warranty.

We did not have a chance to test Halo and Halo-LR specifically on the SCAR17s. However, we've tested in on a number of different .308/7.62NATO weapons without any problems. I think that both HALO and HALO-LR should work just fine on SCAR17s.

We will start shipping HALO and HALO-LR in the second part of February. Production is going already.

@Max_R for clarification, if I some how mess up either Halo model due to the Scar17s known wickedness on optics and lasers, it will be fully covered by warranty?

Really digging that LR model. Must. Have!

@Max_R are those 5 mil dots in the second reticle and 10 mil hashes in the fifth reticle ??

Thx!

The image on my Trijicon MKIII 60 mm is equal to the above Halo images if the humidity levels are not too high.

Looks like a competitor for trijicon. Mark2 35mm works fine on my scar 17

Looks like a competitor for trijicon. Mark2 35mm works fine on my scar 17

I'm aware - my Reap works great. The HALO is a non-aluminium type housing and thus creates doubt in my mind. all I need to know is if they'll warranty it if it breaks in any capacity. That's it.

As far as image... I'm almost 100% positive the Halo has a slight edge on the Triji units, and that's purely from comparison video/pictures. Either way, the Halo is an all around amazing package at a lower price point, but even still, it's only worth it if they'll warranty it unconditionally regardless of it being mounted on a SCAR17. Plan and simple.

For reference, Trijicon doesn't give a flying F what I put my Reap on and they cover me 100% for 3 years. I'd buy the Halo if they'll cover me just the same, simply because of the 5 year warranty.

@SkyScrapin, HALO/HALO-LR are weapon sights that suppose to go on a variety of weapons. If your SCAR17s or whatever else will damage it, we'll take care of it. That's what 5-years warranty is for. If anything goes wrong (I hope it won't!) the only favor I'll ask for is to give us as many details as possible so that we can replicate and address the issue as soon as possible.

@Max_R for clarification, if I some how mess up either Halo model due to the Scar17s known wickedness on optics and lasers, it will be fully covered by warranty?
!

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Reticle pictures where taken with HALO (not HALO-LR).

For those of you that own IR Hunters (not sure which model he is using for these pics) how does this compare? I am considering both, thanks.

Reactions: TKO
@SkyScrapin, HALO/HALO-LR are weapon sights that suppose to go on a variety of weapons. If your SCAR17s or whatever else will damage it, we'll take care of it. That's what 5-years warranty is for. If anything goes wrong (I hope it won't!) the only favor I'll ask for is to give us as many details as possible so that we can replicate and address the issue as soon as possible.

Good copy! Thanks for confirming.

@jojotheclown we will consider on-board recording in the future but the current scope architecture with the focus on the battery life does not allow for it. We know that this is a popular feature but the design is all about tradeoffs.

These look great. @Max_R do you know of any plans to add an onboard recording feature?

Reactions: jojotheclown
Max, have you considered programming a “standby mode” on the ATLAS that would power the LCD’s off to kill light output similar other units on the market?

This is a real handy feature it allows faster viewing that full power up power down while giving you the ability to cut bright light shining through the oculars for more sheath in the field be it law enforcement or hunting usage.

With the ATLAS hanging on a lanyard and no shielded eye cups the light will shine on your face,neck and chest area with two LCD’s it’s a lot of light.

Maybe when picture mode is disengaged a quick press on the power button puts the unit into sleep/standby. If you choose picture mode then the same power button only does pics with a quick press. That way you have a choice without getting to many buttons/features going on.

Outside of that the ATLAS is wicked bada@@ keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Max, Who will be the first retail distributor of the Halo?

@jojotheclown we will consider on-board recording in the future but the current scope architecture with the focus on the battery life does not allow for it. We know that this is a popular feature but the design is all about tradeoffs.

@Phantom223, thank you for your idea! Frankly, we simply forgot about this feature for the ATLAS. It has been implemented in all our weapon sights before but something went wrong. I really appreciate bringing this to my attention. We'll have to think about the best way to implement it for both ATLAS and HALOs but it should be doable. Thanks again!

Max, have you considered programming a “standby mode” on the ATLAS that would power the LCD’s off to kill light output similar other units on the market? ...

Hello @TKO, a number of dealers who are collecting preorders are going to get HALO's at about the same time. I don't want to single out anyone here for obvious reasons.

Max, Who will be the first retail distributor of the Halo?

Hey Max - any chance you would modify the atlas to receive rechargeable 123s as well in the future?

@Mindreader1, we are thinking about it and it is planned for the next round of improvements but it's not on the immediate radar. Based on our experience, rechargeable batteries, while very convenient, are not very reliable in hi-current applications such as thermal systems.

Hey Max - any chance you would modify the atlas to receive rechargeable 123s as well in the future?

Reactions: Mindreader1
Makes sense in the grand scheme of things for sure. In the long run I think an integrated LRF would also be a perfect add as well for the scanner

I’m looking forward to getting a LPMR for my Trijicon Thermals. When will they be available and cost ?