• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Halo XRF mounted on Lonepeak Fuzion Action

HuntND

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2018
North Dakota
Does anybody have NVision Halo XRF mounted on a Lonepeak Fuzion Action? I am thinking of ordering a Fuzion action and wanting to mount my Halo XRF on it but just wanting to make sure that the Bolt Handle will not contact the scope.I have it mounted on my stock Remington action now and it barely clears. If anyone has this setup let me know.
Appreciate it.

i wouldnt see why it wouldnt clear. i run the xrf and halo lr on a defiance machine 90deg action and have no issue at all.

i wouldnt see why it wouldnt clear. i run the xrf and halo lr on a defiance machine 90deg action and have no issue at all.
What defiance?
The only reason I’m asking, is the rem 700 bolt handle is swept and a little flatter more square, much like the Deviant. I Noticed the lonepeak, impact, and defiance ruckus are all straight and have rounded handles. Just want to make sure.

Attachments

• 505F1F05-9413-4E8A-8B4C-E09E1D7B8C6D.jpeg
    505F1F05-9413-4E8A-8B4C-E09E1D7B8C6D.jpeg
    403.2 KB · Views: 156
  • DD1939CF-99AB-4FE1-B614-261E9A9C9CF1.jpeg
    DD1939CF-99AB-4FE1-B614-261E9A9C9CF1.jpeg
    305.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 2971471E-A6BC-431F-8AA1-F6267AAEC742.jpeg
    2971471E-A6BC-431F-8AA1-F6267AAEC742.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 100
Being I'm a southpaw and had clearance issues with turn bolt handles using my original Halo and Pulsar box shaped thermals, I mounted them on my straight pull rifles at the time, a Blaser R93 + R8 and never had issues again.
I prefer having a removable magazine, so my current thermal is mounted on a Savage Impulse.
IMG_1324.JPG

Being I'm a southpaw and had clearance issues with turn bolt handles using my original Halo and Pulsar box shaped thermals, I mounted them on my straight pull rifles at the time, a Blaser R93 + R8 and never had issues again.
I prefer having a removable magazine, so my current thermal is mounted on a Savage Impulse.
View attachment 7814258
So the halo is a no go on a left handed bolt?

What defiance?
The only reason I’m asking, is the rem 700 bolt handle is swept and a little flatter more square, much like the Deviant. I Noticed the lonepeak, impact, and defiance ruckus are all straight and have rounded handles. Just want to make sure.
original alpha 11 which is basically like the rebel and a standard deviant. what youre showing with a 700 is typical for most rifles with a thermal

It was very close with the older version Halo that I had, so I could imagine it being worse with the newer X versions that have the battery compartment on the left side.
20MOA base, Bobro mount and a cut off wheel. It’s a rem 700 so don’t really care that I modified the bolt knob. Works fine now for a lefty.

Attachments

• 1185CA21-BB64-4753-A2A0-32E668919422.jpeg
    1185CA21-BB64-4753-A2A0-32E668919422.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: chase723
20MOA base, Bobro mount and a cut off wheel. It’s a rem 700 so don’t really care that I modified the bolt knob. Works fine now for a lefty.
Works fine as long as you cycle it with two fingers, but when you try to cycle it in the moment, your going to have issues.
And double issues if your wearing gloves.
The Halo X scopes weren't designed for left hand use, unless your using a straight pull or semi auto rifle.

Works fine as long as you cycle it with two fingers, but when you try to cycle it in the moment, your going to have issues.
And double issues if your wearing gloves.
The Halo X scopes weren't designed for left hand use, unless your using a straight pull or semi auto rifle.
Going to huh? I HAVE cycled "in the moment" and like I said, works fine, with and without gloves. If you are palming the bolt, you are doing it wrong. I am always appreciative of internet snipers telling me "how things are going to work ", in absolute terms, based on a blurry picture but thanks for your input. After 5 winters with the Halo-LR and now this, I think it works great. I couldnt find any literature anywhere stating it wasnt "designed for left hand use" but then again I am pretty sure the pen was designed with "write" handed people in mind but I managed to make that work as well.

Going to huh? I HAVE cycled "in the moment" and like I said, works fine, with and without gloves. If you are palming the bolt, you are doing it wrong. I am always appreciative of internet snipers telling me "how things are going to work ", in absolute terms, based on a blurry picture but thanks for your input. After 5 winters with the Halo-LR and now this, I think it works great. I couldnt find any literature anywhere stating it wasnt "designed for left hand use" but then again I am pretty sure the pen was designed with "write" handed people in mind but I managed to make that work as well.
So you just wanted to show us your custom rifle building skills by cutting the bolt knob to make it look cool, not because it hit the battery compartment ?

So you just wanted to show us your custom rifle building skills by cutting the bolt knob to make it look cool, not because it hit the battery compartment ?
Oh look! SH trolls can have a brain. You nailed it buddy. Read the entire thread before you post something stupid.