• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Hampton Roads, VA Anyone??

I lived in Va beach for 6 years. Moved out to Suffolk to get out of the city a little bit. Enjoying it so far. Wish C2 would step up their long range game. They need more prone spots and some steel further than 300 yards. I keep emailing.....and emailing......

How far out can you shoot at academi? What are the pre reqs/cost? I'm planning on taking their basic and advanced sniper courses this year.

How far out can you shoot at academi? What are the pre reqs/cost? I'm planning on taking their basic and advanced sniper courses this year.

1000 definitely, I think it might go back further on range 19. For Precision shooting I, I think there are no prerequisites. For their sniper stuff, I think they require military or LE.

1000 definitely, I think it might go back further on range 19. For Precision shooting I, I think there are no prerequisites. For their sniper stuff, I think they require military or LE.

Are you going any time soon? Would you like some company? Id like to get out there some point and get some distance work in. C2 isnt long enough. PM me if you want to try and set something up..

Does Academi ever open their ranges up for public use? I thought it was by rental (expensive) or course only. I wouldn't be opposed to splitting the cost of renting the KD range one day with a few folks. They shut down the 3-Gun and USPSA matches, but hopefully they'll get those going again soon. It's too nice of a facility to not be used for shooting sport events.

Does Academi ever open their ranges up for public use? I thought it was by rental (expensive) or course only. I wouldn't be opposed to splitting the cost of renting the KD range one day with a few folks. They shut down the 3-Gun and USPSA matches, but hopefully they'll get those going again soon. It's too nice of a facility to not be used for shooting sport events.

Hell I'd drive down for that. Count me in if it's feasible.

There are two long range matches coming up that are sponsored by a local private club. In may there is a Garand/vintage sniper match. You can shoot the vintage sniper with any rifle. It is shot at 300 and 600 yards. As I recall it is 10 shots at both distances.

In June there is a 1000 yard. 20 shots for record with unlimited sighters. That match is normally shot twice.

If your interested, pm me for details. I am happy to connect up and run down to the match. BTW, Academic is a shooters Disneyland. It is an amazing facility.

You have to contact the match director in a specific manner to get on the list to get into the facility. If your not on the list you will not get past the front gate.