• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes HAMR vs ACOG

mhptrooper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2010
Anybody out there tried out the new Leupold HAMR? How does it compare with an ACOG? I'm still saving up for an ACOG, but open to any alternatives along the way...the HAMR looks interesting...

Re: HAMR vs ACOG

Havent received one for testing yet, but what concerns me the most is the addition of electronics. The HAMR uses a CR2032 as well as the Deltapoint. Realistically, most customers will use the HAMR for domestic applications (plinking, target, competition) and not combat, so a battery is no big deal is it goes out, you still will have a black reticle there. An ACOG with Fiber Optics and Tritium you really never have to worry about, but that sight is designed for combat. The HAMR seems like it is a well though out design, can't wait to get my hands on one to try.