• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Handgun Q/A

Groundedclk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2007
Tilton, New Hampshire, USA
I have to learned to love this forum and have done a lot of reading through the site. You guys have been my online best friends to find out information from.

I do not want to get in to a caliber debate.

So recently I have been carrying a Sigsauer P239 .357 sig, I carry the gun everyday out of work and shoot it exceptionally well.

So no problems there but I have been debating on building a Commander or Officer sized 10mm 1911.

What are your thoughts on building such?

Re: Handgun Q/A

For the money the only real pistol that would handle the 10mm was the Glock 20. General the full sized 1911 would have stress cracks in the frame from the round.

The .40S&W was developed from the 10mm as is the same round just cut down.

Cut

I sorta was tossing around the idea of building a 1911, well for the practice of doing so.

You guys sorta answered part of the question, my thought was if I do it why not for a carry piece. 10mm is my favorite caliber so should or shouldn't I.

Then again I could always build a 9mm 1911 for competition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Groundedclk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Then again I could always build a 9mm 1911 for competition. </div></div>

I think you'd be better served doing this.

A 9mm 1911 wouldn't really be competitive in anything except maybe IDPA's ESP. I'd build a .40 or .45.

If you don't have a reloading press, you should probably get one first.

Check out Fusion or Dan wessons commander sized 1911s in 10mm,the newer guns handle the 10 round alot better.I have a Dan wesson Razorback a Kimber Eclipse and Custom 2 and a Fusion longslide all in 10mm and they shoot great without any issues.I also have a G20 and a G20longslide.DW has been building Cbobs for a few years now in 10 and I;ve heard nothing but good feedback on them,The 10mm Cbob in on my shortlist.

Discontinued so get em while you can...
frown.gif

Yeah their is a 10mm in the classifieds that I thought about picking up.

Still question is out there, who makes the best manual for building/customizing a 1911?