• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Handgunning!

Re: Handgunning!

Encore be a start but others may offer a different opinion but after watching a shooting bud of mine spend a great deal of time trying to get his Encores to shoot decent for our 1000 yard plate matches he went with an XP and made a world of difference. All the Encores he worked with shot decent out to about 600 yards but after that they just could not keep up with the XP's or Strikers. Never did figure out why, he worked hard to make it shoot but just could not compare at the longer distances for him.

If I was just getting into it now I'd find an XP-100R in 260, stick whatever optic you wish to try and go for it. Unless it is a heavier barrel with a brake I'd not put a rifle scope on it but the 3-12 Burris Ballistic Plex would get you started with a +20 mount under it. If you decide you enjoy wowing the rifle guys at the way out there matches then go with a heavier barrel with a brake and go the rifle scope direction.

The Striker is nice also with being able to change barrels and calibers yourself and prob cheaper in the long run without having to wait on a gunsmith to do the changeover. I don't have one yet but if I ever went with a full blown go gettum ultra long range way past 1000 yard gun that is prob the route I'd take...... and maybe.................................... maybe even entertain the thought of sticking a ......... (this hurts) a rifle scope on it.
smile.gif

Dale (shooting bud) is going to try the rifle scope thing this summer but I'm hardheaded and stubborn, I'm sticking with a pistol scope but did go to a highend mounting system instead.

Topstrap

yotefever,
thanks for the link man! I did get registered and am gonna like it! Hope you dont mind, but I made a post saying you and I are best friends. I also stated that between the two of us, the rest of them posers dont know shit!I told em that if anyone wanted to call me they would hafta take it with you cuz you are taking care of my light work! LOL. Seriosly though, thanks.

topstrap-
I already have the Burris 3-12! Hmmmmmmmm.......and I did like that Striker.

Any one need a like new Sendero in 300RUM with an ops inc brake?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mis-guided child</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yotefever,
thanks for the link man! I did get registered and am gonna like it! Hope you dont mind, but I made a post saying you and I are best friends. I also stated that between the two of us, the rest of them posers dont know shit!I told em that if anyone wanted to call me they would hafta take it with you cuz you are taking care of my light work! LOL. Seriosly though, thanks. </div></div>
I had to check out your first post, you had me going there.
laugh.gif
I knew it was(will) going to be funny. Lots of info and ideas there. Enjoy.

Topstrap- put your p-shooters back please. I need more food for thought!LOL. And you also took away your link to that mount.

I never woulda thought my dumbass posting a pic of my lil ole encore was gonna cost me so much! Keep em coming!

LOL, I see ya found your way over to the dark side. Glad you are visiting us over there.

Here's my lil Popgun again, compared to some of that stuff the others shoot on SP this is a pretty common looking rig. It isn't a hunting rig at this time but could be used for the occasional Groundhog outing but until they are well past 600 yards it's not very challenging. That is why I removed it since it really didn't fit into your hunting thread. It is being used for the long range plate matches using a stock configuration.

The link for the mount is: http://vgmount.com/

The video really don't show the full potential but gives you an idea of it's potential especially for a Speciality Pistol being used for long distance shooting.

Topstrap

Great post.
Love long-range shooting and hunting with those specialty handguns
wink.gif

All of mine are scoped with rifle scopes.

388 Allen Xpress XP-100 (338 Lapua Improved).
IMG_4528.jpg

6.5-284 XP-100(McRee stock)
IMG_4292.jpg

6.5-284 XP-100 (McMillan stock) Brux barrel.
McReeXP374.jpg

MOA Maximum (Switch barrel 6x47 Lapua, 6.5-284 ,and 7mm Rem Mag Improved)
IMG_3217.jpg

7mm Dakota XP
IMG_0102.jpg

Scopes are the 5-20 Huskemaw, Leupold Mark 4 FFP 6.5-20,
Leupold VX-3 LR/T 8.5-25, and a Leupold Mark 4 SFP 8.5-25

Great thread, I'll throw my hat in Rem. XP-100 in Remington .350 mag. with JP brake.

350mag001.jpg

mgc,
You are a funny man
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mis-guided child</div><div class="ubbcode-body">xphunter
YOU need a PC in .44mag! We should talk! </div></div>

Here's my buddy Mike. Think he likes my 338 WSM Savage?? He loves just to shoot the bigger the better. While on one of his tours in Vietnam he got to let off some artillery, I bet he was drooling while he did it
laugh.gif

DSCF5355.jpg

Here's my Daisy 747 with a Martens peep on peep site setup.
DSCF1884_0001.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Here's one that a silhouette shooter at my club made with and xp action. Sorry it's not a good pic. He can interchange grips and forends.
alxp4.jpg

DSCF1408.jpg