• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Handle modifications to a Forster Co-AX press

1911jerry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2006
The free state of Texas
I am in the process of modifying my handle on my Co-Ax press. I want to install a roller handle like my Dillon.

Has anyone shortened and curved the throw arm to accept a Dillon roller handle?

I have B3 model.

Thanks

Jerry

Re: Handle modifications to a Forster Co-AX press

Mine came with a pretty short handle? Whats the reason to modify it , it operates with one fingers pressure?

I built a roller handle when I was fighting gout in my right wrist..helped a lot. I usually run 300 or more .308's thru the decapping die, and the roller handle makes it much more pleasant.

DSC03411.jpg

I shortened mine and offset it also. They have so much leverage the shorter handle is a plus.

I have a Forster co-ax and I got a used Bonanza co-ax that had had the handle shortened.

I wanted it full length, and so I made a long handle of what I had lying around, 3/4" 4140 RC28 round stock.

That is heavier than the hollow original handle, and the press does not stay put when half way down.

I have put rotating handles, like BigBore56 did, on mills and lathes. I have always had a dream to make a bolt handle that way.

I purchased the short handle from Forster and love it. Way better feel and the right amount of leverage for sizing 6.5 cases in the 308 family. Cant help you with the roller handle but would buy one from you if you ever decided to go commercial. A new $$$$ idea for you.