• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Hands on experience Tango 4 6-24x50mm

Willie16wild

WillieGunner
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Punxsutawney, PA
I was seeing if anyone had any hands on experience will the Sig Sauer Tango 4 6-24x50mm? I am looking to see what you think of the clarity compared to other scopes. If do have any experience with the tango 4 6-24x50mm please say what scope you are comparing it with.

I would definitely like to know if you had any experience with the tango 4 6-24x50mm and vortex viper PST 6-24x50mm/ Gen II PST 5-25x50mm. That only is if you had some experience with both these scopes.

I also want to see what you think of the reticle in the tango 4 6-24x50mm.

Well I hope to hear back from some of you guys here soon. Thanks and have a good day.

From my limited experience with Tango in the field, I wasn't blown away by it. It's about the same league as swfa scopes

I looked at the PST & T4 in 6-24x50, side by side. T4 has clearer glass, better colors. The turn off for me is the plastic on the T4.

the single example I looked through was less than underwhelming. dark, surprisingly murky off of center above about 14-15x? YMMV

I'm impressed with my tango 4 3-12x42 FFP. I think the quality of the glass is great and the colors seen thru it, for the $. Its better than a Burris XTR 2. Only draw back I saw with the 6-24, is the internal MOA travel and the weight.

Never owned one but messed around with several, the 4-16 and 6-24. I was not a fan of the turrets on the Tango4 scopes. I wouldn't say they were 'mushy' just a soft click, and the clicks were not audible. Additionally, I found the numbers difficult to read, this was a no-go for me since I shoot often at dawn/dusk. The G1 PST turret markings are much more visible. However, to me the Tango4 (4-16) glass seemed a little clearer with an easier eyebox than that of my 4-16 Gen1 PST, the 6-24 Tango offers a similar step up in clarity.

For the same money I like the turret mechanics better on the XTR2 or I would wait for the PST G2. The 5-25 PST G2 will provide a much nicer FOV than the Tango 4 6-24.

The reticle provided in the Gen2 PST is much better as well. The Vortex EBR-2 reticles are about the best on the market IMHO.

It's been awhile since I been on here but I did get a Tango4 6-24 mil. It is a nice scope. The illuminated reticle is great though. The only thing is when I get it up to 18-20 power it gets dark so I keep it mostly around 18. It does track true though from my experience.

I just posted a run down of the Tango4 reticle, so check that out for some images and subtension information.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...oa-reticle-photos-and-subtension-measurements

Unfortunately I've only had it a couple days and haven't had a chance to get the scope out in the field yet, so I can't really speak to glass quality beyond my gut reaction looking out my window. I've got quite a bit of experience with upper mid-range glass (Vortex HS-T, Bushnell Elite 6500, and Leupold VX3 LR, and I'm fairly confident the Tango4 is as good as any other glass with comparable price and features.

I’ve had my T4 6x24 for a year now, and have fired 2500 rounds with it mounted on my 6.5 from 100-1000 yards. Personally I love this scope. I have a T6 3x18 as well and I honestly can’t say that the T4 gives up much at all. I also have a PST gen 2 5x25. As far as tracking and clarity vs the T4 I would say they are equal. Though for me the advantage would go to the reticle on the PST . I prefer the zerostop of the T4 over the PST and I like the feel of the turrets better. I have no regrets about buying the T4, and I will probably own another scope in that series at some point.