• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Happy 10/22 day - post pics if you got'em

heartburn

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2018
another October 22 to appreciate the little rimfire semi-auto that gets lot's of love and at times an equal amount of hate. Couple of pics of some of the 10/22 rifles at our house.

geoff_KIDD_2.jpg

Jen_1022_Latest_3.jpg

#1) KIDD receiver, barrel, two-stage trigger. McMillan stock, currently wearing an Athlon Ares ETR.
#2) Tactical Innovations receiver, TacSol barrel, TacInc trigger housing with KIDD single stage kit. Boyds stock modified, glassbedded and pillared, textured, painted and sling stud inserts added. Victor co cheek riser, cabelas covenant 7 scope. This rifle was originally built for my girlfriend to compete NRL22 and intent was to try to keep it light out on the end for easy handling.

Couple More:
feddersen_1.jpg
Ann_1022.jpg

Last edited:
Happy 10/22!

Old and new:
old one is a rebuild with older parts minus a new receiver with a Simmons Deerfield 3-9x. The newer is the 10/22 takedown with a Magpul Backpacker stock and a Nikon P233 3-9x for shooting paper but it usually wears the Sightmark reflex red dot sight for portability and fast acquisition/field use.
Cheers and happy shooting
D79FC59E-0DC2-42F6-AD36-148374A4DD9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: MPrimo and JKW70
Kidd with spiral fluted barrel in titan stock with rear anchor.

KIDD_1.jpg

I like your style there with the spiral cut barrel. This is the same KIDD rifle above in the VictorCo Titan before being dropped in the McMillan. The Titan now has a Feddersen receiver/barrel combo and KIDD trigger. I thought I had pictures of it somewhere, but will have to do some searching to find them.

feddersen_1.jpg

feddersen_2.jpg

Last edited:
Had a quick session at the indoor range in honor of 10/22 today.
Rifle build purpose: trainer rifles for my family, plinking, small game hunting, SHTF
25 yards indoor, front and rear bag off the plastic range table.

The old gal carbine shot reasonably well (parallax fixed at 50 yards) and functioned reliably with the Fed Bulk Pack and Aguila 40 gr SV. Aguila preferred for precision (old school hunter barrel with unknown # of rounds, stock trigger).
Fed Bulk avg = .610 / best =.512
Aguila 40 gr SV = .442 / best = .245

The 10/22 takedown did not like the Fed Bulk Pack and would stovepipe every 3-4 shots. It ran the Aguila 40 gr SV reliably and accurately (parallax fixed at 50 yards, stock barrel, B22 trigger).
Fed Bulk avg = .624 / best = .329
Aguila 40 gr SV = .344 / best = .266

YMMV, happy shooting.
227B26AA-EF6D-4E29-BCAA-C1A1CC7D2D00.jpeg
0231EBAA-F94F-47DA-BA16-43AEB9313E6A.jpeg

another October 22 to appreciate the little rimfire semi-auto that gets lot's of love and at times an equal amount of hate. Couple of pics of some of the 10/22 rifles at our house.

View attachment 7451293

View attachment 7451296

#1) KIDD receiver, barrel, two-stage trigger. McMillan stock, currently wearing an Athlon Ares ETR.
#2) Tactical Innovations receiver, TacSol barrel, TacInc trigger housing with KIDD single stage kit. Boyds stock modified, glassbedded and pillared, textured, painted and sling stud inserts added. Victor co cheek riser, cabelas covenant 7 scope. This rifle was originally built for my girlfriend to compete NRL22 and intent was to try to keep it light out on the end for easy handling.

Couple More:
View attachment 7451497View attachment 7451499
Really like that Mcmillan A5-22 does she feel as nice as she looks

Really like that Mcmillan A5-22 does she feel as nice as she looks

Love the stock, the fit is great and the feel is much more like a centerfire. As mentioned earlier in the thread the KIDD was in a Titan and was great but this stock is a whole different feel.

couple of quick 6x5's

50yd, wind is a little gusty, chilly in the 40's

KIDD_10-23-2020_CCIsv_Out.jpg

KIDD_10-23-2020_SKPM_out.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose