• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Happy birthday new england westinghouse mosin nagant!

Griz44Mag

Load 'Em Up!
Minuteman
Since it was July 4th, and there are so many things to be celebrated, I decided to take the old Mosin out for it's Birthday.
It's a 1915-17 (serial number dates to 1917. Yes, I know it is sitting in a 1938 stock, the original is still in the reclamation process.
These Russian battlefield rifles were made for Russia by both New England Westinghouse and Remington after the Germans over ran the Russian factories.
Still shoots half way decent after serving in 4 wars and suffering though 2 refurbs.
If what has been handed down in the family history is true, my Great Grandfather worked for New England Westinghouse during the Great War and because he was a senior machinist working on military production, he was exempt from the service. It is entirely possible that he may have worked on this very rifle, although that could never be proven.
ENJOY YOUR INDEPENDENCE! Celebrate all those that made it possible and all those who came after, they have kept us free!
Mosin 1917 New England.jpg

Attachments

• 20170704_203723.jpg
    20170704_203723.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20170704_204114.jpg
    20170704_204114.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 21
Nice shooting.

There are some Mosin fans in the vintage section that would appreciate seeing your rifle.