• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Happy Magic Bullet Day

There was also this thing about Kennedy not liking the government having to borrow money from the Federal Reserve (private bank) and suggesting the Treasury Department could simply make money instead and kick the Federal Reserve to the curb...
Yep, dont scare the money.

Some russians as well as quite a few other nationalities including the US fought to keep it from becoming slaves. There was a time when that could have been turned without much more effort then they provided. Coming out of a world war most are tired and want "normal" back. There was no taste to push the issue by the west.

But some Russians as well as several others including "new" nations fought very hard against the slave thing.
And it shows. Look at Poland or any or the N European countries that shook off the commies and see that they have high production and lifestyles compared tot eh Ruskies. Nobody likes being a slave.

Reactions: BLEE and fpgt72
Theodore Rex is excellent book. There is another biography that came out at the same time that is very similar. As are several books by my friend Ted Kohn, a great writer and Roosevelt scholar.

He is an interesting guy. Progressive in some ways but very pro-American conservativie in others. IMHO the right man for the time. And as much as I am a laissez -faire capitalist, the 1890’s were out of control and not good for America.

Sirhr

I agree with you as well, if nothing else tells you where the end of the road is that era of the US (robber barons) should. And I agree there needed to be some rules in place, 6yr olds in a coal mine is not a good long term plan. I do however think that (again) some of those good ideas have become corrupt as they went along. You can look to the unions for starters. There was a time when it was a good idea, when it was needed, and I still think from time to time there is a need for the "collective worker" to come together, digging deep into the rail road thing really opened my eyes to the "need" for the worker to say.....ahh hang on a sec, this is not real cool, I understand it will save a buck, but really this is a tad too much. But for every good there are about 100 bad's with (I hate the word all but will use it anyway) all unions. My personal experience with them is they protect the bad employee a bit too much, and use their money to buy favors of all kinds. They have become corrupt, but originally yea, working 12hrs 6 days a week is a bit much.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
And it shows. Look at Poland or any or the N European countries that shook off the commies and see that they have high production and lifestyles compared tot eh Ruskies. Nobody likes being a slave.

Yup the Poles fought the russians VERY hard in the 1920's as well as the Czech's and a few others...I think I would say most others. If you look into those soviet wars back then you will see the Poles handed the russians asses to them time and time again. And one of the guys in charge of one of those russian armies was a fellow named Joe. And trust me, come 1940 he did not forget.

Katyn anyone......oh no old Joe remembered.

I wanted to stick another story I read in here about mines.

Story time:

I learned this reading about a gravity rail system in England that they used to move some form of ore, coal, iron, don't remember. But back in the late 1800's, Victorian times same basic thing there as here, children working in the mines as "mules" hauling out ore carts. Women, and young girls also worked in the mines, some VERY hot mines, so the women went topless just like the men did. Word got out that this is what they are doing and in Victorian times that was just too much, that had to be put to a stop then and there, women bare breasted is not acceptable, working in a mine just fine, kids working in a mine just fine, women just fine, but bare breasted women.....no that is just wrong. And this is when the law started to change in England around people working.

One of the things I love about this place is we can start talking about "magic bullet day" and have it move to a good idea then on to boobies. What a great place, the guns are just a plus.

• Haha
Reactions: 6.5SH