• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s harass my ass

x832

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2008
CA.
Recently,the Chula Vista Police Department ran an e-mail forumwith the basic theme being,Community Policing.One of the civilian email participants posed the following question."I would like to know how it is possible for officers to continually harass people and get away with it."
From the participant from the "other sde"(the law enforcement side)Sgt.Bennett replied:
"First of all,let me tell you this straight-up....it's not easy.In Chula Vista,we average one cop for every 600 people.Only about 60% of those cops are on patrol where we do most of our harassing.
The rest are in non-harassing departments that do not allow them contact with the day to day innocents.And at any given moment,only one-fifth of the 60% patrolman are on duty and available for harassing people while the rest are off duty. So roughly,one cop is responsible for harassing about 5,000 residents.
When you toss in the commercial business,and tourist locations that attract people from other areas from throughout the country,sometimes you have a situation where a single cop is responsible for harassing 10,000 or more people a day.
Now,your average ten-hour shift runs 36,000 second long.This gives a cop one second to harass a person,and then only three-fourths of a second to eat a donut AND then find a new person to harass.This is not an easy task.To be honest,most cops are not up to the challenge day in and day out.Its just too tiring.So what we do is utilize some tools to help us narrow down those people which we can realistically harass.
The tools available to us are as follows:
PHONE;People will call us up and point out things that cause us to focus on a person for a special harassment."My neighbor is beating his wife"is a code phrase used often.This means we'll come out and give somebody some special harassment.
Another popular one is,"There's a guy breaking into my house."The harassment team is then put into action.
Cars;We have special cops assigned to harass people who drive.They like to harass the drivers of fast cars,cars with no insurance or no drivers license et.al.It's lots of fun when you pick them out of traffic for something as obvious as running a red light.Sometimes you get to really heap the harassment on when you find they have drugs in the car,they are drunk,or have a warrant.
RUNNERS;Some people take off running just at the site of an officer.Nothing is quite as satisfying as running after them,kinda like a fox hunt on the scent of a bunny.When you catch them you can harass them for hours.
STATUTES( stat-chutes);When we don't have phones or cars and have nothing better to do,there are actually books that give us reasons and ideas to harass folks.They are called"Statutes",Criminal codes,Motor Vehicle codes.
After you read the statute,you can drive around for awile until you find somebody violating one of these listed offenses and harass them.Just last week I saw a guy that stolled a car.Well,shit theres this book we have that says that's not allowed.That meant I got permission to harass this guy.It is a really cool system that we have set up and it works pretty well.
We seem to have a never-ending supply of folks to harass.And we get away with it.Why?Because for the good citizens who pay the tab,we try to keep the streets safe for them,and they pay us to "HARASS" some people.
Next time you are in my town,give me the old"single finger wave."That's another one of those codes.It means,"You can harass me."

Re: harass my ass

Nobody goes to Chula Vista for a vacation. This is in San Diego county and we call it Chulajuana a word play on Tijuana. They don't know who does and does not have insurance but they will let a driver with Baja California plates (Mexico) violate insurance and minor infraction laws on a DAILY basis. A few years ago a guy got some $70K for getting beat into a coma by 10 of Chula Vista police. When you live that close to the border it is tuff going. But it also has the highest probability for the big payoff from these BILLION dollar drug cartels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roaddog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Recently,the Chula Vista Police Department ran an e-mail forumwith the basic theme being,Community Policing.One of the civilian email participants posed the following question."I would like to know how it is possible for officers to continually harass people and get away with it."
From the participant from the "other sde"(the law enforcement side)Sgt.Bennett replied:
"First of all,let me tell you this straight-up....it's not easy.In Chula Vista,we average one cop for every 600 people.Only about 60% of those cops are on patrol where we do most of our harassing.
The rest are in non-harassing departments that do not allow them contact with the day to day innocents.And at any given moment,only one-fifth of the 60% patrolman are on duty and available for harassing people while the rest are off duty. So roughly,one cop is responsible for harassing about 5,000 residents.
When you toss in the commercial business,and tourist locations that attract people from other areas from throughout the country,sometimes you have a situation where a single cop is responsible for harassing 10,000 or more people a day.
Now,your average ten-hour shift runs 36,000 second long.This gives a cop one second to harass a person,and then only three-fourths of a second to eat a donut AND then find a new person to harass.This is not an easy task.To be honest,most cops are not up to the challenge day in and day out.Its just too tiring.So what we do is utilize some tools to help us narrow down those people which we can realistically harass.
The tools available to us are as follows:
PHONE;People will call us up and point out things that cause us to focus on a person for a special harassment."My neighbor is beating his wife"is a code phrase used often.This means we'll come out and give somebody some special harassment.
Another popular one is,"There's a guy breaking into my house."The harassment team is then put into action.
Cars;We have special cops assigned to harass people who drive.They like to harass the drivers of fast cars,cars with no insurance or no drivers license et.al.It's lots of fun when you pick them out of traffic for something as obvious as running a red light.Sometimes you get to really heap the harassment on when you find they have drugs in the car,they are drunk,or have a warrant.
RUNNERS;Some people take off running just at the site of an officer.Nothing is quite as satisfying as running after them,kinda like a fox hunt on the scent of a bunny.When you catch them you can harass them for hours.
STATUTES( stat-chutes);When we don't have phones or cars and have nothing better to do,there are actually books that give us reasons and ideas to harass folks.They are called"Statutes",Criminal codes,Motor Vehicle codes.
After you read the statute,you can drive around for awile until you find somebody violating one of these listed offenses and harass them.Just last week I saw a guy that stolled a car.Well,shit theres this book we have that says that's not allowed.That meant I got permission to harass this guy.It is a really cool system that we have set up and it works pretty well.
We seem to have a never-ending supply of folks to harass.And we get away with it.Why?Because for the good citizens who pay the tab,we try to keep the streets safe for them,and they pay us to "HARASS" some people.
Next time you are in my town,give me the old"single finger wave."That's another one of those codes.It means,"You can harass me."
</div></div>

Relax it was just a e-mail from a sergeant with a sense of humour.

the title of this thread is a little misleading...CKA should be around shortly, all horned up.

I can't change the theme.Look a citizens review board fielded the harrassing horse-shit statement to the sergeant who as anyone in law enforcement(myself)knows has to be fielded according to whatever the department adopts.I thought the sergeant did a tongue-in-cheek responce that encapsulated humour at a cop level and would be appreciated as such.

If he did that response, he did it about 10 years ago, when I first saw it...

Nope this is recent and I would say its correct.Besides are you really saying there is an expiration date for jokes?I thought that was what Maggies was for.I shall make it more scholarly,maybe an appendects?

Roaddog, this just made my day. Thanks for some good reading material, makes the night go faster.

Funny, yes. Original, no. Been around for a long while.

Wow. Police-whiner blow back on the Hide... Never thought I would see that. Its funny. Why drag up the incidents of ten years ago to try to refute humor?