• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hard decision: your thoughts between HCS recce or Noveske

usmarinejim

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2011
PA
I think the title says it all... I'm having a very hard time trying to decide between the High Caliber Sales recce rifle and a Noveske (probably rogue hunter) and would very much like your thoughts.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

I am with Henok on that one. Flip a coin and decide. Both are very solid platforms. It may come down to which one you prefer aesthetically.

+1 on the above.

Hard to go wrong in either rifle, but it really all comes down to what specific roles/purposes/expectations you have for the rifle as to which, if either, may prove to be the better option for you. Knowing more along those lines might help sway this decision toward one or the other. Performance-wise...you'll likely be at roughly the same level of flawless reliability, accuracy (with quality ammo/reloads, you doing your part, etc.), etc. with both options. Where the Noveske will really start to pull ahead and may be the better option on that basis alone will be in terms of COST! You should be able to get a complete Noveske Rogue Hunter model ready to roll for ~$1750 (provided you can find one in stock anywhere). The HSC Recce upper alone will run you nearly $1600 sans lower, etc. which you'll have to either build or buy at whatever cost that will add to the project dependent on the options/features you select.

This really is a harder decision than I thought. I love noveske's barrel life, who wouldn't. That alone may be what tips the scale. I need to do a little more research and decide from there.