• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hard time finding ammo....

duotone

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2012
So, with all that Obama said today about AWB, I went to the area stores to get some 22 lr, and everywhere was sold out. Then, I sent online, and everyone was sold out except for Gander Mountain, so I ordered 1000 rounds and a clip.

I'm in Michigan, and there's been a run on guns and ammo, to the extent that people were lined up out the doors at area gun stores.

Is it this way in your area?

Where are you finding 22 lr for sale?

Re: Hard time finding ammo....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duotone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Where are you finding 22 lr for sale? </div></div>

Just about anywhere over the past three years. Everyone knew that post-election 2012 would likely mirror post-election 2008, now it's here.

Don't feign shock, this was coming one way or another.

This is the same crap that was going on a few years again. Everyone is freaking out, and it is mainly those that want to do anything about it, or try and turn around and sell the stuff.

Keep your eye out and you will find what you are looking for. After all of this BS passes things will settle back down again, atleast I hope it does.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woogie_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the same crap that was going on a few years again. Everyone is freaking out, and it is mainly those that want to do anything about it, or try and turn around and sell the stuff.

Keep your eye out and you will find what you are looking for. After all of this BS passes things will settle back down again, atleast I hope it does. </div></div>

Not this time. They're going to do something. How severe we'll have to wait & see...(

I agree with Goldngun...20 elementary age kids is going to polarize a lot of people in demanding change...public and politicians alike.
Best case scenario is background checks...and really, anyone who disagrees with that is...well, leave it at that.
Worst case...we loose our AR's.
But the feeling I'm getting is that a lot of people realize it's a mental health and licensing issue...not a gun issue.
Really...do you want someone who was just released from a mental institute or prison be able to walk into the local gun shop and buy an M4.
If you say 'yes' let's make it a little more personal...do you want that gunshop to be next to your kids school?

That Wolf has been at the door for a long time now.

MidwayUSA, Sportman's Guide, and Wal Mart have been my "go to" places for bulk pack 22LR for the past year. MidwayUSA and Sportman's are both accepting backorders on Fed bulk pack (525) and will not charge your credit card until it ships. Shipping is ~$20 for 5k rounds which is a little more than the sales tax you would pay at Wal Mart. However, I feel you will hard pressed to find 5k rounds at any Wal Mart in the near future.

FYI this is still in stock:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/federal-american-eagle-gift-pack.aspx?a=1047559

American Eagle is made by Federal Cartridge Co of Anoka MN

...sigh. Circa-2008 election, I lived in NYC, where the 2nd amendment doesn't apply, so I was blissfully unaware of all these trends. Lesson learned.

All walmarts have been cleaned out here and I have visited several in a hundred mile line. I had been in the habit of buying a days worth (not hoarding)every time I went to wally mart. I shoot a lot of 22 bulk so I need a good supply. I also seen this coming for some time.
I haven't seen a singlebox of 22 of any kind in a wal mart since 11/7/12. Last time I went to Dick's about 2 weeks ago they were slap out as well. Not even any Remington goldenturds.
Color me less than shocked, as I knew long ago this would be the first ammo to dry up.
I wanted to shoot bullseye this winter but I am rethinking that idea as I write. Without a clear idea of how, and when,I can replace what I shoot, I think I may hold on to what I have till supplies stabilize. For me that means being able to immediately replace what I shoot.That is not possible at this time in my area at least.

here in central florida, even the 22lr's are scarce. Like the poster above, my go to places are out. I have a friend who works at a large wholesaler and they are ZEROED OUT of all the major calibers

That is why I reload and stocked up after that last election panic buy tapered off.... 22LR you should buy bulk while you can still find it on the internet.