• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hard to beleive

Dead Eye Dick

Command Spec 4 (formally known as Wiillk)
Supporter
Minuteman
May 18, 2020
North Louisiana
Learned something about our son the other day.

When he was in the Air Force, it seemed that he was deployed either flying missions over Afghanistan and Iraq (as a navigator aboard a KC135) or Ont he ground in Iraq almost every holiday season

It always struck me so hard and so unfair to our son that we would be at family gatherings, the entire extended family would be there except our son, who was serving in the Gulf war zones.

Maybe I was told and did not hear, but I heard it from him the other day.

He Volunteered to take those missions because he knew he was single and he would be taking the place of married crew members so they could be with their families at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Hard to believe someone so good is your child.

C0445163-D984-41FC-AE31-7B6A063AC17C.jpeg

That is amazing! I remember starting a new career in oil refining while having a new family of boys under five years. Be damned some of those older, union paying co workers would do that. I was always thankful for those very few that would. I know, that pales in comparison to serving war effort overseas. It just brings back memories. Great man you have raised. Thanks from a parent.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick