• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hard to spot bullet holes at 300 yards

This is actually quite a neat gadget. Was put off by price a bit - but it is better than using spotting scope... I am sure battery management (of it and phone) can start getting annoying but still. Thanks for suggestion - will consider it once I start shooting longer distances.
I have one. Battery management is not an issue.
I have three cameras for different long yardages.
It the cats azz.

Reactions: Savage Mark
This is actually quite a neat gadget. Was put off by price a bit - but it is better than using spotting scope... I am sure battery management (of it and phone) can start getting annoying but still. Thanks for suggestion - will consider it once I start shooting longer distances.
Actually at 300m you only need the one piece which is half the price or about 20% of a "good" spotting scope. Batteries are rated at 12 hours. Mine last 14+, its like charging a cell phone. (you'll need that too or a tablet. I prefer the tablet)

How about going to a .416 Barrett? Bigger holes, easier to see.....

Attachments

• Robert Gradous.JPG
    Robert Gradous.JPG
    619.8 KB · Views: 43
Link the page that has a phone number because I'm not seeing one. Nearly every page has lorem ipsum text.
While all the pics are of the previous generation products those prices are not believable.
The phone number in my Target Vision Camera user manual is 281-205-8134 The Longshot Camera website has posted the same phone number.
The prices are unreal. I tried to sell my camera on eBay for $450 and I never received one inquiry. That's what caused me to take it off. If you are looking you can have it for $400 but call that number and see what they say first

The phone number in my Target Vision Camera user manual is 281-205-8134 The Longshot Camera website has posted the same phone number.
The prices are unreal. I tried to sell my camera on eBay for $450 and I never received one inquiry. That's what caused me to take it off. If you are looking you can have it for $400 but call that number and see what they say first
That isn't their website, nor is there a phone number there was my point, is a scam site.

This is a test I accidently posted a personal document with my SS# on a different thread. I did not launch it, but I cannot continue that conversation because that file will be added "not good" I can edit the text, but not the added file regardless if I publish it or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Obama Biden.jpg
    Obama Biden.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
There's another choice that is quite a bit cheaper. Look at SME Bullseye Sniper camera. Midway USA has it for about $400.

I'd rather use a drone in hover mode...heck of a lot more fun ? LOL...kidding of course but hey...I'm sure battery life would negate the possibilities...and I'm pretty sure my dumb *ss would probably hit the drone instead of the target haha...but it does give me another thought/new sport...mount a 22 with a remote fire set-up on one and go after some prairie dogs ?...that would be pretty badass...seeing your inflight image being displayed with a reticle as well...hell some of those air guns have full auto fire too...I might have taken too many pills this morning 🤔🤣
Bad idea as most drones only have a battery life ranging between 8 and 20 minutes.

I realize that what I'm about to offer is out of most people's lanes but you will find it effective and fairly inexpensive. As I've been working with drones, video surveillance, and shooting for a long time there are some things that overlap between them. A cheap, home made video transmitter and receiver functions well out to several miles. All that's required is a little easy to assemble and set up equipment and a clear line of sight. If you're shooting that far you already have the clear line of sight. It's totally legal as the system will operate on 900MhZ.

A quick trip to FPV drone websites (ex: GetFV.com) will reveal a bunch of sources for very, very small 12v video cameras. Linked with an inexpensive video transmitter they can broadcast to what's known as a "diversity monitor" miles away. The monitors contain their own video receivers and battery power supplies. The typical monitor size is 7" diagonal but 10" are available through various sources. 10" is a lot better. Most also have the ability to record video onto an SD card. The monitor internal power supplies typically last about an hour. An, 11.1v (3s), 1200mA lithium polymer battery will power a small video camera for over an hour. Spare batteries are very cheap to obtain and their diminutive size makes having a couple spares pretty convenient. Making up a battery adapter plug let's us use the same batteries employed for the video transmitters as external back up batteries for the monitors. You can shoot all day and review every shot without moving from your perch.

So a tiny video camera, video transmitter, diversity monitor, a few batteries, and two cheap tripods (one for camera, one for monitor) can replace expensive spotting scopes, web based services, binocs, and overcomes the heat shimmer. Total cost runs between $200-$300.00. A little fingertip web shopping can do it for less. The monitor will be the most expensive component. Just don't shoot the camera. If you get a wild hare you can shoot the batteries and watch them explode but make sure there's nothing flammable around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cardboard Assassin
There's another choice that is quite a bit cheaper. Look at SME Bullseye Sniper camera. Midway USA has it for about $400.

My friend had one of those and sold it immediately and bought a Target Vision. No comparison between the 2.

Bad idea as most drones only have a battery life ranging between 8 and 20 minutes.

I realize that what I'm about to offer is out of most people's lanes but you will find it effective and fairly inexpensive. As I've been working with drones, video surveillance, and shooting for a long time there are some things that overlap between them. A cheap, home made video transmitter and receiver functions well out to several miles. All that's required is a little easy to assemble and set up equipment and a clear line of sight. If you're shooting that far you already have the clear line of sight. It's totally legal as the system will operate on 900MhZ.

A quick trip to FPV drone websites (ex: GetFV.com) will reveal a bunch of sources for very, very small 12v video cameras. Linked with an inexpensive video transmitter they can broadcast to what's known as a "diversity monitor" miles away. The monitors contain their own video receivers and battery power supplies. The typical monitor size is 7" diagonal but 10" are available through various sources. 10" is a lot better. Most also have the ability to record video onto an SD card. The monitor internal power supplies typically last about an hour. An, 11.1v (3s), 1200mA lithium polymer battery will power a small video camera for over an hour. Spare batteries are very cheap to obtain and their diminutive size makes having a couple spares pretty convenient. Making up a battery adapter plug let's us use the same batteries employed for the video transmitters as external back up batteries for the monitors. You can shoot all day and review every shot without moving from your perch.

So a tiny video camera, video transmitter, diversity monitor, a few batteries, and two cheap tripods (one for camera, one for monitor) can replace expensive spotting scopes, web based services, binocs, and overcomes the heat shimmer. Total cost runs between $200-$300.00. A little fingertip web shopping can do it for less. The monitor will be the most expensive component. Just don't shoot the camera. If you get a wild hare you can shoot the batteries and watch them explode but make sure there's nothing flammable around.
You are talking flight time battery use. My DJI Mavic Air 2 has 30+ minutes flight time and up to 3 miles of FPV viewing at 4K video resolution to my iPad. I park it behind the 400 meter berm to protect it and only fly it for a few seconds at a time to have a look at the groupings. I keep 2 batteries with me and there is more than enough power to use it for a full day of range time. I have never gotten to the second battery in a full day yet.

You are talking flight time battery use. My DJI Mavic Air 2 has 30+ minutes flight time and up to 3 miles of FPV viewing at 4K video resolution to my iPad. I park it behind the 400 meter berm to protect it and only fly it for a few seconds at a time to have a look at the groupings. I keep 2 batteries with me and there is more than enough power to use it for a full day of range time. I have never gotten to the second battery in a full day yet.
I thought about that myself but too much trouble . I go down range once , place my camera and now I see every hit in real time . It doesn’t get any easier .

Reactions: Riskyjim
I'm surprised you can't see hits at 300.

What type of splash target are you using? Some are better than others. I bought one which is a black target but has a white splash at the hole.... not do good. It's hard to spot a hit even at 200. The black targets with a fluro green splash are much easier to see.

You can also set another sheet of paper with a contrasting colour behind the main target. You will see the contrast through the bullet hole, but it must be set back from the main target or you will just the one hole through the both of them and not see anything different. That's a bit of PITA to set up though.

I assume the OP is shooting paper. Which in that case spotting an actual bullet hole would be rather difficult in some conditions. If you get white paper or hit the cardboard or whatever you are shooting with some white paint the contrast might be easier to pick up. White paint/black bullet hole vs Black bullet hole on a brown cardboard target might be easier to see. I don't ever shoot at paper but on steel at 300 you would definitely know it, especially with a 6.5 Creed.
A swinging steel plate with paper. The splatter tears a bigger more visible hole.