• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HardRock Match on 8/21/10

DocB

Minuteman
Jan 14, 2004
CSG
Good day,

The seventh HR match of the 2010 series will be held on Saturday, August 21st. New shooters should make plans to attend the practice day on Friday, August 20th. The match is held rain or shine unless the civil authorities close the roads. If you are on the mailing list, you will receive the schedule for next year when it released.

Pre-registration is available to those who have shot at least three of the six matches shot this year. Send a PM with the class(es) you will shoot, the cartridge for the rifle in each class, and if a brake is installed on the rifle. While we wish to encourage folks to pre-register, you will be on the Range Masters and my SL if you pre-register, don't attend the match, and fail to cancel your registration with a PX by 1800 on practice day. You don't want to go there. My PX is on the schedule, I don't have net access after 1800 on Thursdays.

The short version of the COF and rules is: 5 rounds at each 600, 800, 900 and 1k target with a 1 MOA 10 point bullseye and a 2 MOA 5 point scoring ring in 20 minutes. No sighters, no wind flags, and you have ring steel with at least one of your first five shots. Three classes, .223, .308, and AnyThing Goes.

For a full copy of the schedule and rules, please send me a PM with your First and Last name, along with your email address.

Looking forwards to seeing everyone at the match,
DocB

Re: HardRock Match on 8/21/10

Alan,

You can shorten your mailing list by one, my shooting days are over forever.

Kenneth

Kenneth,

Won't do that; whether you shoot or not, you're one of the HR folks.

Take care,
DocB

Again ... really hate to hear that news, Ken.
may have to do a road trip just to visit your AO.
There has been a shake-up in management with my company but I'm still employed & that also changes my work schedule. Should be at practice but will be working Match day. DRAT !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kenneth,

Won't do that; whether you shoot or not, you're one of the HR folks.

Take care,
DocB

</div></div>

Amen Doc! Kenneth is one of the Greats!

Damn Kenneth havent talked to you since last year. Work has been absolutely nuts so I havent made it for this season. I dont know what happened, but I hope you are ok. I enjoyed shooting the breeze with you for so long last time I was there.

Mike

Coming home from the May match a 23 Y/O kid driving way above posted in a pouring down rain hit my R/R an flipped me 4-5 times per wit's. Glad they had not mowed I-85 or I may have come up in the west bound lanes upside down. God was with me on that one for sure. Even Bill made comment when I came back to get the plate an stuff the low % of living threw it let alone walking away with minor cuts an such. Keep inforcing those seat belt laws as I'm living proof they work!
It was bad enough it threw my G-27 off me that I carry in a Surpa, OPD found it still locked in the holster in the rear of the Bronco. You know how hard they are to remove standing up, let alone locked in the seat. God must still have something planned for me to due yet, even Bill, OSKO and others have made that comment as well.

jhuskeys guys (Opelika PD.)were the most professional group of guys I've ever had a encounter with to date.
smile.gif
Then again I've not had an incounter with you State boys in mass yet.
grin.gif

Everything mostly OK now except ears, bad ringing an rushing noise. I was able to shoot with a can w/o issue for awhile, but now with anything above the SOS it's like a 50 going of beside me w/o muffs. Plus just the little recoil a .308 has, now makes my enter ears hurt, bad, bad, bad. Talking to the Doc there is something they can do, but I'm still weighting the pros an cons.

I've seen nothing about BOB getting mugged or worst so you must be, doing a good job. Hope everything is going well with you and yours.

DocB,

I'll be there on the match day. It's looking like I will not make the practice day. If that changes I'll see you there.

Ken

Doc B,
I have a work deal on practice day, but all plans are to be there match day with the 308.
I do not wish to incur your wrath but have lost your cell number. Can you PM it to me in case I am forced to cancel out, please?

Jerry

Glad to hear your OK. I dont have time to shoot right now, only have 3 days off all month. Keeping Bob nice and safe. 99% of our guys are consummate Professionals, but we do have our 1%ers.
Well maybe they will figure out something to help you, or we could get you a helmet and seal it around the neck and fill it with water. That should insulate that head enough. Let us know if you need anything this direction

Mike

Looking forward to seeing everyone. (Iamsickofcontinuingeducation) Hope the weather is nice. (Iamsickofcontinuingeducation) Amy's rifle is back from the smith -- Coleman Rifles and Mr. Chris from Miracle Machine Works (Iamsickofcontinuingeducation) did a fantastic job and I got it in the stock last week. (Iamsickofcontinuingeducation). Hope we can get a load worked up this week (Iamsickofcontinuingeducation).

GF14e2, hope the sawbones can get you back up and running. We've missed ya.

Hey Spooky,
Missed you at IDPA today but I understand with you gettin' all edumacated and such you may not want to hang around with us anymore.
grin.gif

See you at Hardrock.

I'm not happy!

Supposed to be at the range for practice, and stuck at work!
Be there ASAP.
@#^%^&$#

DocB

Good day,

Results are done, I'm again having problems with the computer I use to send them. I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks,
DocB

Congrats to all the shooters. I want to give a big shout out and thanks to Bill Huskey and Steve Gulley. The alternator went out on my truck as we left the range. Steve pulled me up to Bill's house and he had that thing off in less than 15 Minutes. Used Bill's truck to travel to town and get a new one. Steve had it back on the truck and us rolling home in less than 10 minutes. Steve wouldn't take any payment for his services. One helluva nice guy! Gottta love them HardRock shooters! Can't forget Gary Sanders...he had the wrench to get the belt off of the truck! A big thanks once again to all involved!

Ed,

Glad to hear you fixed the vehicle and made it home. Seems like Saturday was an interesting day for car trouble.

Anyway, still working on the computer problem. It may be this weekend before the results go out. You'll probably have them before you hear about it here.

Thanks,
DocB