• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harrel's vs EC Tuner Brake for Centerfire

perdurabo

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2014
Texas
So, I've got an EC tuner brake on my PRS race gun and like it a lot, but I just recently discovered Harrell's Precision tuner brakes. I've searched to find opinions of these but it looks like the vast majority of people on the forums here are using them on rimfire rifles. So when it comes to centerfire (6mm/6.5mm), what does the EC Tuner brake do that the Harrell's brake doesn't do, especially given its more than 2x the price? I'm considering a tuner brake for my next rifle and would like to know if there's a good reason why I'd pay 2x+ for the EC brake over the Harrell's.

Reactions: Travis224
Not the info you're asking about, but my Harrell's has almost an unshootable level of concussion. Recoil reduction is real good though.

FYI, Harrels makes tuner brakes that have normal ports as well.

one is radial ported. the other might actually mitigate some recoil

If radial ported brakes didn't reduce recoil, companies like KDF who have been making radial ported brakes for decades wouldn't exist. What's your evidence that radial ports don't work?

If radial ported brakes didn't reduce recoil, companies like KDF who have been making radial ported brakes for decades wouldn't exist. What's your evidence that radial ports don't work?
they can work and reduce some recoil. but not in the way a modern comp style brake does

also shooting gas into the ground doesn't appeal to me at all

I just bought / installed a Harrels radial for my varmint bench rest league. It does provide recoil relief. I went radial because this league doesn't allow for side / rearward discharge. Just starting to work on tuning.

20230419_134305.jpg
20230427_165205.jpg

Reactions: b6graham
Tell them what they Need. and .Sell them what they WANT! Ive used EC Tuners and Tuner Brakes for years. From 338 LM to 300 RUM to 300 PRC to 6.5 PRC to 22Magnum to 22LR. I tried his BenchRest model on my 375 Cheytac but it did not hel,p on Recoil enough so I put my Terminator T5 Plus back on.