• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

harris bipod feet upgrade???

SgtMayhem

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2011
Does anyone make different style feet for the harris bipod?

I am looking for more of an improved style, something kinda like the old barrett style, M60 style, M240 style, etc. that I am used to and find more functional. I like the versa-pod style, but hate the versa-pod design overall, and like the harris design, except for the darn feet!

I am seriously about ready to bust out some bubba style prototype feet of my own design if I can't find any out there... if anyone would be interested.... *whistles with hands in pockets*... because the hard rubber just doesn't have the 'dig' I am used to on the heavy hitters I used in service.

Re: harris bipod feet upgrade???

'Phoenix tactical' make 'pod claws'

they're stupid and I wasted $100 or so on them and now I have to find a way to make my bipod usable again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'Phoenix tactical' make 'pod claws'

they're stupid and I wasted $100 or so on them and now I have to find a way to make my bipod usable again </div></div>

Someone pointed me to triad, who has some better looking ones...

I agree with Mayhem. I tried them and went back to the rubber feet of the original Harris. For me on a 12 lb 308 the Atlas works best

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeterN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with Mayhem. I tried them and went back to the rubber feet of the original Harris. For me on a 12 lb 308 the Atlas works best </div></div>

My only issue with the harris standard feet is they don't quite grip to my liking. If I want to adjust, I will apply some upward pressure to the weapon and adjust (like one does with an MG). I want to be able to put some 'lean' into my rifle to help steady it, and to also help speed followup shots. I know in the end it all comes down to personal preference and style of shooting, as there are many different ways to shoot (some like the sling method for stability, which I do for unsupported firing, but for prone/supported I am a leaner... I started as a Machine Gunner and moved onto the Barrett due to my M240 sniping skills, hey they weigh the same lol)

Different strokes for different folks I guess....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mayhem1stClass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'Phoenix tactical' make 'pod claws'

they're stupid and I wasted $100 or so on them and now I have to find a way to make my bipod usable again </div></div>

Someone pointed me to triad, who has some better looking ones... </div></div>

The only ones I see at Triad ARE the Pheonix Pod Claws.

Stupid?

I don't think so.....Try running those claws in sand, and then try your Atlas rubber feet in the same sand. A 12 lbs rifle on 30 degree cast forward legs will dig you to China in sand. Many folks use the Pod Claws on their shooting mats, car trunks, wooden shooting benches and say "wtf". THAT is not what they are designed for. They are stable and work well in loose material where both the Atlas and Harris rubber feet are poor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR-TxXiZjPE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmbFMVWnepY

If you do not need claws, try the PT rubber feet. They can either be screwed onto the PD claw stems or you will need to buy the full lowers. You should also consider the solid pins and, if you are using notched legs, their big wheel system allows for intermediate adjustments.

IMG_9933.jpg

more-1.jpg

Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stupid?

I don't think so.....Try running those claws in sand, and then try your Atlas rubber feet in the same sand. A 12 lbs rifle on 30 degree cast forward legs will dig you to China in sand. Many folks use the Pod Claws on their shooting mats, car trunks, wooden shooting benches and say "wtf". THAT is not what they are designed for. They are stable and work well in loose material where both the Atlas and Harris rubber feet are poor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR-TxXiZjPE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmbFMVWnepY

If you do not need claws, try the PT rubber feet. They can either be screwed onto the PD claw stems or you will need to buy the full lowers. You should also consider the solid pins and, if you are using notched legs, their big wheel system allows for intermediate adjustments.

IMG_9933.jpg

more-1.jpg

Good luck. </div></div>

See that's what I am talking about...

The standard feet suck on anything soft, and I don't like how easily they slide either... I like how the big flat rubber feet look, and appear they would function, as well as the claws would for softer surfaces (even softer wood I imagine they would get a good bite into...) and prevent 'dig in' like the standard feet. Now if only they had a quick change system they really would be quite perfect....

P6130158.jpg

it's places like this where I'm using them, not on a shooting mat/car/bench.

The feet tilt down when you lean into the rifle and the front point digs into soft ground just as bad as the rubber feet. They don't add any functionality that I've found for the $100 or so that I paid for them.

also they don't grip great on rocks and they're wearing pretty fast from shooting off said rocks.

Look, they <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">are</span></span> fast change feet. A press and 1/4 turn and they are off.

The footing "tilt" is completely adjustable. You can torque them up so tight they will not adjust/swing/move at all. THe other thing you can do is use the Big Head system to rotate the shaft 90 degrees so that the hinge swing in side-2-side making the kind of "bending back" your talking about impossible.

Also, there is absolutely no way that you can set the medium or large claws (they come in two sizes) into sand and tell me they sink as quickly as either the standard Harris or Atlas rubber studs. Below is the medium set, the large set is about 25% larger.

As for rocks, go with the large flat rubber set. Slide the rubber off the feet if you need to. You do not need to buy the whole stem assembly, rather just buy the head and set them in as needed.

I have yet to find a footing system as nice as this. Point me in the right direction if you know of one. Hope this helps.

pads-1.jpg

IMG_9927.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P6130158.jpg

it's places like this where I'm using them, not on a shooting mat/car/bench.

The feet tilt down when you lean into the rifle and the front point digs into soft ground just as bad as the rubber feet. They don't add any functionality that I've found for the $100 or so that I paid for them. </div></div>

May I suggest tightening the tension screws with a 1/8" hex wrench.
They are designed to be shooter adjustable.
If you are loading up the bipod then have them tightened down.
I personally load the crap out of mine on purpose and have no footing flip at all.
As for interchangeability....Using the same hex wrench you can change footings in a few minutes.
The adaptors can come off then re-attach in seconds.

PS...looking at the awesome shooting position you are showing I wouldn't mind being on hand to evaluate the Claws....LOL