• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Harris Bipod vs Clone's

Macmathews

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2011
Ontario . Canada
What is the advantage of buying the harris over the harris clone's

About to buy a couple of bipods.

6-9" and 13-27"

Thanks

Kyle

Re: Harris Bipod vs Clone's

Build quality. In store comparisons tbe clones just look and feel cheap compared to the harris.

One's a frickin ChiCom copy. One is a Harris.

But JC, the ChiCom copy does have the replacement value factor:

When it breaks, and you have to replace it, you will see the value in a Harris....

over 20 years on a Harris, something you don't hear over on the "clone gear forum"

not sure how they measure clone years.

I have 3 clones cuz they were given to me but i'll take the 4 Harris ones that i have had for 20yrs any day of the week. Much better.

quality, warranty comes to mind.

One can't scrimp on gear and expect long term value, Harris has been a staple in the industry for years and they have kept their pricing reasonable for the product delivered.

Buy the real deal Harris and then consider saving money by hand loading. And no carving wooden bullets is not a viable option either.

both have there place,my mkII 22lr has a caldwell.I even bought the Midway one for 20.00,its pretty bad but when ya have multi guns ya got to spread it out,After buying the Atlas the Harris is the next step down and you can tell it,but thats 170.00 diff,again they both have there place,

Rob

I would use Harris overall and I have heard that dirt can kinda jam up an atlas bipod so there better for shooting on hard surfaces(anybody experience that?). I always thought atlas bipods looked nice but im always shooting on dirt or sand and Harris takes the dirt like a champ

HK MaNiaK, One of our original testers, a member of SOF 5th group, was concerned about that and buried his prototype Atlas in Iraqi sand. Removed it and simply cycled the leg length adjusters, rotated the collars and it was functioning as designed. It never jammed up or failed to function, it was just gritty. The Atlas can be submerged in water and all spring loaded components cycled/functioned to clear this grit out.

Everyone has their own experience, which is their reality. But that does not constitute a majorities experience.

In conclusion, I have to believe that if this issue was common, we would not continue to have the professional customers we have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HK MaNiaK, One of our original testers, a member of SOF 5th group, was concerned about that and buried his prototype Atlas in Iraqi sand. Removed it and simply cycled the leg length adjusters, rotated the collars and it was functioning as designed. It never jammed up or failed to function, it was just gritty. The Atlas can be submerged in water and all spring loaded components cycled/functioned to clear this grit out.

Everyone has their own experience, which is their reality. But that does not constitute a majorities experience.

In conclusion, I have to believe that if this issue was common, we would not continue to have the professional customers we have. </div></div>

I also think wanna be operators tend to over exaggerate product failures. I have noticed a lot of people recently complaining about "rough use" on hi end gear. As if the fact they can destroy expensive kit by their "rough use" some how makes them super cool. Professionals realize no piece of equipment will last in hard environments without occasional TLC. You average arm chair SEAL expects to be able to abuse items without caring for them. Just based on stuff I see and hear while going to the range. I own a couple Harris and have been very happy with them. I would LOVE an atlas or three but I cant afford them.