• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing has any one tried Penn Foster gunsmithing online?

unluckyjohn

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2011
Houston Texas
has any one tied any of the online gunsmithing programs? what are you thoughts on them would it be for someone that wants to learn about guns?

Re: has any one tried Penn Foster gunsmithing online?

they came to the Armoury one drill and talked to us, I was a school trained 2111 small arms repairman in the Marine Corps and was not impressed with the curriculum. If you want my opinion save your money, maybe get some of the DVDs from AGI or go to one of the Gunsmith schools the NRA recommends.

i cant go to a gunsmith school unless there is one around Houston and i looked at agi but it seemed out dated

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: unluckyjohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i cant go to a gunsmith school unless there is one around Houston and i looked at agi but it <span style="color: #FF0000">seemed out dated </span></div></div>

outdated ? a Glock is still a Glock after 20 years, a 1911 has been the same for 100 years. not much changes except accessories to add to them. I've never used the AGI stuff, but have watched their FAL video, the guy seemed to know plenty about what he was talking about. You're probably not going to learn much from an online class unless you know almost nothing now. Murray State College in Oklahoma would be the shortest move for you to go to a real gunsmithing school.