• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Has anyone bought a NightForce Rem 700 LA 2 pc 20 MOA base recently?

dpilot83

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2010
I bought one (Part# A111) from Mile High Shooting back in February. When it came the box had a NF label saying it was for a LA but when I opened it, the rear part of the base was labeled RS for Remington SA.

The directions clearly say not to use a SA base on a LA (or vice versa) and I understand why. The funny thing is, back when I received it I called Mile High about it and they pulled some of their boxes out at that time and said all of them were that way and they also said they would have NF call me so that NF would be able to deal directly with me.

NF never called me and I got busy for a few months. I called Mile High again today and went through the same process and once again they found that everything they had in stock had RS labeled rear pieces in the LA box.

Now maybe the directions card is just improperly labeled. Maybe the LA bases were improperly engraved with RS. Maybe I'm just not understanding it correctly and it's no big deal.

If they are improperly labeled though, I would think quite a few of them would have gone out like this over the last 4 months since I ordered mine.

I am not trying to give any company a bad name. I know NF makes great stuff and I know Mile High Shooting is a great place to buy from. That being said, if there are people out there who see this and it makes them check their base over before they install their scope I think both NF and Mile High would be happy that a mistake was caught before a scope was damaged.

Like I said, I think NF and Mile High are both good companies and I'm sure they're going to get the issue resolved for me now that I have a little more time to pursue it, but if any of you have ordered recently and have not yet installed your scope, I hope you double check so that you don't cause any damage to your scope. It just seemed too strange to me that 4 months ago all the bases that were in stock at Mile High were mis-boxed by NF and that is still the case now. The only reason I'm making this post is in hopes that it might prevent tweaking a few high end scopes. Hopefully my current understanding of the situation is wrong and hopefully I'll look foolish for posting this.

Pictures to increase clarity

NF_Base_Box_zpse7591bcf.jpg

NF_Base_Directions_zps276d7b6e.jpg

It also looks to me like the directions should say:

"Using the wrong REAR base will result in damage to the scope tube!"

rather than

"Using the wrong FRONT base will result in damage to the scope tube!"