• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone else had a package disappear?

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
I ordered a Gibbz receiver to act as the point where all my well bought black Friday parts would converge to produce a cool gift. I even paid extra and chose UPS, not the US post office, to ensure that it would be delivered over the Christmas rush. Then I received an email that my package had suffered a "sortation" error in Mesa Arizona. WTF is "sortation"? I had to look that one up. I thought UPS was making up words but it's a real word. It's not just doublespeak for "one of our employees stole a package that they thought was a whole firearm. I filled out a claim and it's now under investigation. I haven't heard back from Gibbz. I'm sure they've been out all week so I'm not sure how this will play out. I suppose I can wait for either UPS to find the receiver or pay out the claim. I suspect one will never happen and the other will take even longer.

What is the likely socio-demogrpahic make up of the employees at these sorting stations?

People will steal shit just because they can.

I've had many things go missing, either through fault of the carrier, plane crash (yes, seriously), incorrect labeling, or stolen.

All you can do is file a claim and wait. Keep open communication with the carrier and the who you bought it from.

Yup... because the morons sending me 4 uppers put a label on the package that said "Acme Tactical" or some other shit. Definitely tactical. As it was just uppers noone gave a crap. Company... 'whatever Tactical' sent four new uppers no charge. They were very good. And the next box came with a giant... "Tactical" label on it. Morons.

This shit should be shipped incognito! When I send stuff I often put "Repairs Department" on the label. Or 'Returning, defective' on the package somewhere. NEVER anything 'Tactical.' Or indicating high-end goods. Scopes, knives, guns, watches, etc.

Fucking thieves get jobs at UPS and Fedex and postal sorting facilities with no backgrounds or surveillance. And walk out the door 5 times a day for breaks... with their pockets, bags, backpacks and baggy-ass Genie Pants stuffed full.

Never trust shipping. Use stealth. Use subterfuge. Or use registered packages.

Sirhr

Reactions: camotoe
Had a rifle stolen from the USPS Atlanta distribution center over the summer. Technically "lost" but we all know what happened to it. Got a number of alerts if an APRG2 rifle chambered with a Proof CF barrel in 300RUM ever shows up online.

At some point, we'll be at fault for ordering and shipping dangerous weapons. The people stealing them won't be held responsible. They won't even look for them.