• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone got their Remington 700 back?

t3h_sober1

Private
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2014
Oklahoma
I'm trying to get an estimate as to when I will get my rifle back. If you sent your 700 in for the recall can you please post your send and return dates.

I received my box on 5/16/14 and Remington got my rifle on 5/21/14.

I'm kind of suprised anyone sent one in. Change out the trigger and the recall is meaningless.

at work we sent them in the neighborhood of 40 rifles and have about 32 back so far. (shipped mid may, the lot showed up midweek)

This is Canada though, and the remington importer was just swapping the old triggers out for new ones.

Why can't we or authorized remington service centers just send the trigger assembly back for repair or replacement???

Why can't we or authorized remington service centers just send the trigger assembly back for repair or replacement???

It is mostly due to the liability of the company. They are already on the hook because of the reason for the recall. They are now replacing your trigger and they are also on the hook for that. I am sure they are loving the owner that is buying an aftermarket replacement for their trigger. It means less capital outlay to service and/or replace your original mfg trigger.

A guy on a local shooting board got his rifle back, sans bolt. Remington claims it was not sent. he has pictures of the packaging, showing the bolt and even put arrows pointing to it on the packing.

Remington is trying to charge him for a new bolt and fitting. :(

I got mine back 2 weeks ago, 223.jpg223-2.jpg

I sent mine in April 25th. I received it back in mid June. They had it about 6 weeks. The trigger was heavier though so I took it to a gunsmith and had the pull lightened. Other than that all was good.

I would have never sent them shit. You could have gotten a tuned old school rem trigger on here for $50. Fuck that

Curious, what are they replacing the triggers with, my gun fell under the recall but I replaced the trigger a long time ago.

Curious, what are they replacing the triggers with, my gun fell under the recall but I replaced the trigger a long time ago.

From my discussion with a friend at Remington, they aren't replacing the triggers. The problem has to do with the locking compound they put all over the adjustment screws. Too much gets applied, and it gunks up the sear and trigger engagement. The fix is they put the triggers in an ultrasonic cleaner with a solution that will get rid of the locking compound, then reset all the screws and carefully reapply the locking compound. So if you had your trigger adjusted at any point, it will need to be adjusted again when it gets back.

We had one 700 here at our shop that got sent back, it was returned in about 2 months.

Wes