• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Has anyone gotten a JP .308 AR-10 rifle to work reliably with a suppressor?

Nemesis Lead

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2014
Alamo, CA
The title says it all. Has anyone gotten a JP .308 AR-10 rifle to work reliably with a suppressor?

If so, what suppressor and how did you make it suppressor friendly?

I hope someone has. I'm planning on putting a Thunderbeast 30-BA on mine when I get the stamp. The adjustable gas block should make it work.

Thunderbeast 30BA with JP's adjustable gas block works fine. It has to be tuned for suppressed or not suppressed. No 1 setting will work properly for both.

I have the LRP-07 in 260 and it works with my AAC SDN-6. I put the brake out attachment on it and let it eat. Did not accuracy test just function tested a magazine without tuning the adjustable gas block. I know I can adjust the block down just have not had the tiem or energy to do so.

I have a PSC-12 in .338 Fed. Running an AAC Titan-QD. It runs flawlessly. It's exceeded my expectations in every way. Accuracy, suppression performance, reliability, etc. I decided to run a JP SCS as my buffer. Ive found that a red-yellow (110 tension) spring from JPs spring pack makes for an incredibly smooth cycling suppressed large platform AR.

Mine works just fine with my suppressor. Same accuracy as without and cycles with out a hiccup.

The only thing is it makes the rifle alot dirtier. I'm talking about the brass coming out pitch black. But that's all semis with a suppressor.

I used my trusty 338ba from thunderbeast.

Currently I'm diagnosing accuracy issues with mine, so I can't comment on actual accuracy with (I have a long thread on here all about it.) However they all come with adjustable gas blocks, so you should never have an issue running a suppressor on it.

Last edited:
PM Chris that works for Sport Optics/Interstate Guns. I know he's got one, and I know they sell cans, so I would ASSUME he has a can on his by now

This may or may not help. I run a TBAC can on a GAP built 308 upper. Old Eagle Arms lower. The increased recoil or gas was hammering the rifle up until I put in a heavy buffer from Heavy Buffers . Com. Seemed to slow everything down and the rifle runs fine now. Accuracy is amazing. Supersonic loads. No change in POI out to 500 yards. The AR10 also runs fine with the heavy buffer and without the can. Gap built the upper for me about 10 years ago, in my hands 3 weeks after I ordered it. Those days are long gone.