• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone had Corrective Eye surgery ?

Re: Has anyone had Corrective Eye surgery ?

Can anyone else chime in on how long it took to see good after PRK ? I had it done about 1 week ago and its still blurry, I can drive OK but reading is another story...

Thanks
Richard

JR, I had LASIK it was crazy fast recovery HOWEVER I had to use drops, and still do (surgery was in 03) when I am crazy tired driving/flying. Nothing dangerous, just my eyes are more dry than they used to be.

RPK? A really close friend of mine had it, I think he said after about 2 weeks his eyes had recovered to the point he was happy, but was saying the same stuff initially.

If you get concerned call the Doc's office, they would be happy I am sure to get you in and ease your fears.

My wife just told me she thinks it was a tad longer than 2 weeks for him to be "happy", like a month or so? Call up your doc, don't worry about things when you can have them answer it crazy fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surgery a year ago, best 4k ive ever spent. </div></div>

So, I guess my question is should I get the next gun either a Tubb 2k for NRA stuff or an AIAW or LASIK?

Currently I can see about 12.5 inches uncorrected, been wearing contacts and glasses since I was 14...about 24 yrs.

Yes, WHiskeywebber, DO IT!!! I was awful without glasses, couldn't see the E, now? 20/15 in my left eye, and 20/12.5 in my right, it is just fantastic.

I did have to jump through quite a few hoops afterwards with the FAA for flying though, but it was no big deal, just more indepth checks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrservices</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone else chime in on how long it took to see good after PRK ? I had it done about 1 week ago and its still blurry, I can drive OK but reading is another story...

Thanks
Richard </div></div>

In the same boat here.. hope this shit clears up soon!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrservices</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone else chime in on how long it took to see good after PRK ? I had it done about 1 week ago and its still blurry, I can drive OK but reading is another story...

Thanks
Richard </div></div>

In the same boat here.. hope this shit clears up soon!
</div></div>
A buddy of mine had PRK done and it was 3 weeks before it cleared up and about 3 months untill it was perfect. PRK has a long heal time.

I just had lasik a couple of weeks ago. 20/25 so far. My doc said it can take a couple of months until you know what your long term vision will be. Your eyes get dry afterward and your vision will not be it's best until your eyes natural moisture returns. I would do it again in heartbeat.

Well I'm sitting here 3 days after PRK. Yesterday sucked big time but I'm feeling much better today. I already see better than before the surgery so I'm excited. Will probably be a few months before I can fly again (AF pilot). I'll keep everyone posted on how it progresses.

I have PRK in 2004 uncle sam paid for it, took a couple months to get back to normal and a couple more for night time. Before i was 20/400 and now 20/15, i for one love it.