• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Has anyone had their Leupold Mk4 changed over to mil turrets?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I remember reading something a while back that Leupold offers (offered?) a service that would change out your M2/M3 MOA based turrets and configure them to a .1 MIL turret that tracked with their MIL reticles.

Do they still do this, does it work properly? Or did this never happen?

I tried calling them today to ask but the wait time was 25+ mins, so I may try again tomorrow.

Was simply curious if this existed and if it worked properly.

Tag to see what you find out on this. I have one with the old M1 turrets, which IIRC may not have been upgradeable, but I can always hope.

Tag to see what you find out on this. I have one with the old M1 turrets, which IIRC may not have been upgradeable, but I can always hope.

Yeah I'm not sure which would work. I'm under the impression any Mk4 would, just not any of the Vari line they have.

If I get ahold of them tomorrow I'll update as well, but am curious if this actually ever went live or not as I never see any MIL/MIL Mk4s.

Thanks.

This has been on my "list" for a while now and was something I was hoping to get done once I was home, along with some reticle swaps (fingers crossed).

The Mk4 is still a solid scope, albeit a bit dated. The one thing really keeping it from getting serious use for me is the mismatched turrets/reticle.

I read that leupold told guys the M1 turrets could be converted to mil M5, but the M2 and M3 could not be converted.
    This info was from a couple of years ago, so it might not be true today.

I've had my 8.5 x 25 mark 4 converted to m5 turrets this year. Mine is a SFP scope. Worked fine. Quick service. I bought the scope originally in 2004 or 2005. I'm happy with it.

John

I read that leupold told guys the M1 turrets could be converted to mil M5, but the M2 and M3 could not be converted.
    This info was from a couple of years ago, so it might not be true today.

I've had my 8.5 x 25 mark 4 converted to m5 turrets this year. Mine is a SFP scope. Worked fine. Quick service. I bought the scope originally in 2004 or 2005. I'm happy with it.

John
    Mind if I ask what they charged you? I have the same scope, just purchased it this spring.

Thanks Easy. I'll just wait till I "need" another scope then probably grab an MK6. I personally like the Mil/MOA enough to not drop another $200.

Just called their tech support.

They will do the turret conversion for ANY Mark4.

Older optics/different models will depend on which they are.

For the turret conversion for the elevation and windage on a Mk4 3.5-10 I was just quoted at $138 and 2-3 weeks.