• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Has anyone heard of Advanced Optics and there scopes?

CAG55

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2010
Kansas
Hi All,
I ran acrossed a web site called : Advanced optiices?? I emailed them asking the normal question! They got back to me on the same day or next. The web site states that there lens are made in Germany and put together in the US . In there email they claimed that they have made scopes for some of the upper grade scopes sold.
If anyone knows any thing about this co.,I would be great full for any and all help.
Greg

Hi All,
I ran acrossed a web site called : Advanced optiices?? I emailed them asking the normal question! They got back to me on the same day or next. The web site states that there lens are made in Germany and put together in the US . In there email they claimed that they have made scopes for some of the upper grade scopes sold.
If anyone knows any thing about this co.,I would be great full for any and all help.
Greg

So they are German glass, assembled in the USA, yet they look suspiciously like Counter Sniper scopes...

At first sight how do you know it is a Counter Sniper scope.

Bcp,
I am not doubting your statement, I just would not have a clue what to look for?
This question is to you and all others? I am new to the game, it is like I fell a sleep in 1986 and woke up in 2010 !
There are so many diff. between one and another product.I thought I new everything a person needed to know about reloading HA,HA,HA!I would love to be able to go into a big gun store and ask to see every model they had in the Night Force
5.5-32x55 or Night Force scopes in that range? Last year I thought that the Vortex scope line was just hitting the market, that
I heard people say the Vortex Viper was the best bang for the buck! They seem to have jumped there price up a lot, or I took another nap?

Tell me what to look for, maybe a combo of things ect.
I need all the help I can get!
As allways, I would be great full for any and all info.
Greg

It would be easier if you could tell everyone what you are going to do with a scope. You know, what range(es) you want it for, for target or hunting. What type, caliber rifle. Any specifics pertaining to your use. As you know there are a vast assortment of brands and features and they are often specific in their use.

Me, one of the first things I want to know is how about the reticle? So many reticles and all the makers have their own designs. Reticals placed in The First Focal Plane or the Second Focal Plane is a big difference!! You have Mil/Mil scopes, MAO/MOA scopes. Or mixed, which is a turn off for me. Do you want a ranging retical?

Lots to think and learn about. Have to know what your use/uses will be.

3x-25x 30mm body, 56mm Primary Objective, SideFocus, IR Invisible Type 3 Hardcoat Anodized Body and Rings, MIL Spec Anodized in T6160 Aircraft Aluminum. Lockable Turrets, multicoated optics for dusk/dawn/shadow enhanced transmissivity, with water/ice displacement coating. Aircraft Aluminum features Extra Low Dispersion apochromatic lenses. Rare earth/nitrogen gas purged, hard earth sealed, Variable Tri-Color Illuminated, Reticle: Rear RFP Engraved Glass Mildot, 5000g test- Lifetime Warrantee in Aluminum.

I pasted this from one of their scopes, on their website, [url=http://www.adeadvancedoptics.com

My .02 is any person that would state they have a IR invisible coating on a scope with dusk dawn and SHANDOW enhanced transmissivity, water /ice displacement coating and rare Earth whatever the heck else unobtainable super secret squirrel stuff for $400.00 ...........RUN AWAY......

You did the right thing by coming here first and asking before buying. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that will help.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,
I have had this build for over a year and everything is in boxes, It is a 260 Rem Ackley Imp.40 degree shoulder. Here is my plans, on a good day I plan to go to the range and work up the best load the rifle likes! I have hopes to shoot out to 1000yards, BUT I had been out of the game since 1990 or close to that, back prior to 1990 I hunted as much as I could! I allways thought I was a fair shot,and I seemed to shoot the best group's of my group of shooters, I was the best I could be, practiced a lot back in the good Old Days ($4.50 lb powder ect.) mainly shooting 400yds out to 600yds,not a lot of 600 yd shooting, back then hunting was priority to any thing! I loved the Ruger # 1B's,243,270,30-06. I didn' shoot the 270 much just because I allways shot the 243, so after owning the 270 for 4 years give or take a month or 2!it went by by. I got to do something that those that made what I made (around $1500.00 gross a month)never would of had the chance to do! My best friend made a lot of money, had been to Africa 3 times and Alasaka 2 times, so I am sure you guys get what I mean. One day in the 80's been a long time ago, I could dig up my tags that I didn't fill, I have no clue where they are, but back to the hunt, my best friend and I was out shooting a round of Golf when about the thrid hole, he ask me if I wanted to go to B.C. to hunt Moose, Caribou, mountain goat, and black bear, my friend had a Grizzly bear tag he didn't fill ($1000.00 down the drian)He killed his Mosse on the first day and I shot mine on the 5th day, BUT Mine was Bigger!!! Seen one Caribou a couple thousand yards away crossing a lake, and I never got close enough to a Mountain Goat, wished I had never started to smoking, I killed a 6ft black bear, and hunted Wolfs over bait and never got a shot! After my friend ask me to go, I told him that I didn't have that much money, ad he said it was CHEAP allmost to cheap $2500.00 plus air fare and tags. He said he had just got his monthly Safairy Internationl mag. he had seen that ad?? He ask me if I could dig up the money and I told him I could sell some guns and get the money! He said lets go to the house and he would call some of his big time hunting buddies (Super Rich) any way the first person he called to see if they had heard of this Outfitter, his friend told him that he was the guide for that Big Blonde life size Grizzly that was in his game room, well Rick called some more friends and got nothing but praise about this guide??
Rick said lets call him and see what the deal was,Rick called Eddie Barrnet and ask him why the hunts that were in the mag. ad were so cheap, Eddie and his son started a Logging Co.back 4 years ago that allmost put them under (Eddie was smart enough to keep his land permits) and that he had to book every slot he had and we were the last 2, and we were NOT mention what we paid for our hunt to any of the other Hunters. So I went and started selling my guns, I had quite shooting Skeet and still had my Browning 4 barrel set, so selling it and a few more I had the money!
Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to tell you guys about my hunt, I am sure glad I went on that hurt when I had the chance, because I don't think me and my wheel chair would of had any luck. I shoot by my self, never going to shoot any where else, I shoot to keep myself going.Yes I want a Night Force 5.5-25x55, and who knows, i might when the lottery,Ha Ha
Greg
Mod's if this is in the wrong place, or need's moved, I will understand if you delete it.

If you look on their website they mistake their name for ADE Advance Optics in their main image where everywhere else it says AdvanceD Optics. Also, the reflex site mounted on the rifle in their image is not sold by them. No reputable optic manufacturer would make both of those errors especially the second in one picture.