• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone tried Grizzly Custom Muzzle Brakes?

CanPopper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2009
Houston, TX
I been looking for a threaded clamp on muzzle brake for my barrel's thread of 3/4"x28 tpi and ran across the Grizzly Brakes. They are kind of pricey but seem to be what I'm looking for.

Has anyone experience with them? How do they compare to the Vais and the JP Recoil Eliminator (both of which I have)?

Re: Has anyone tried Grizzly Custom Muzzle Brakes?

I have one its effective. No idea on Vais or JP never run either. Feels slightly more effective on my TRG22 and 42 than the SAKO factory brake which is pretty darned good.

I bought clamp on brake for my Tikka T3 Varmint in 300 Win Mag.

I haven't shot it yet but here are first impressions:

The brake weights around 300 grams it is bulkier than I expected but finish seems to be good. When I ordered the brake, Jeff asked me about my barrel taper etc so that brake can be customized to the width of the barrel.
When I fitted the brake onto the barrel it had such a tight tolerance that screws were almost not necessary which is a good thing as it adds extra friction between the brake and the barrel and makes it much harder to shoot your brake off.

It took just under 10 days for the brake to arrive from Canada to Australia.

I will be making some 200gr Acubond loads and will head to the range next weekend. I can't wait to see how it performs both accuracy wise and recoil wise. I will than post my findings back to snipers hide.

For now have a look at some picture that I took today.

grizzly_muzzle_brake_on_tikka_t3_varmint_small.jpg

Regards,

Dan

I have one of Pedestrian brakes from roedale precision on my 300 win mag. Makes a ton of difference in terms of comfort. Long wait for the brake but worth it in the end.

Initially I wanted to order muzzle brake from Roedale, however I have sent them a question before I bought my item and nobody ever replied, than I read all of the bad reviews on poor customer service and long waiting times. In the end I decided to go elsewhere.

Email works best.... but I understand the wait turning many people away... their brake have a slimmer profile than the ones pictured above.

Here is the 5 shot group at 100 yards with muzzle brake and 180gn Accubond bullets:

tikka_t3_varmint_300wm_100_yard_5_shot_group_180gn_accubond_projectiles.jpg

I have fired 50 rounds that day and brake didn't move at all, I have used 60 lb torque to tighten the brake to the barrel. Several times the blast of the brake have knocked cleaning oil cans from my bench other than that I am happy with the performance.

Hi Dan,
I've just bought a clamp on Grizzly muzzle brake for my .308 which has a 1" muzzle. Jeff at Grizzly Gun Works reckons that 15 inch pounds torque on each of the four M8 screws is sufficient to keep it in place. How does this compare to what you have torqued down to?