• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has anyone tried Magpul's MOE stock on an AR10 type rifle?

Scooter1942

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2013
Dallas, Texas
I'm playing around with the configuration of my LMT MWS and currently have it running a Magpul ACR.

I have the 18" barrel and I'm hoping to use it more as a precision type rifle than a DMR carbine, but I've all but decided to hold off on the PRS. I have an old A1 stock I was thinking about trying, but was curious if anyone has tried or is using Magpul's MOE fixed stock on an AR10. From what I understand, both the A1 and MOE are the same length.

Of course, I have an old A1 I could just slap on there too.

Do you think there's an advantage to a fixed stock when shooting prone?

Last edited:
A1 is too short for me. PRS is awesome---I prefer fixed stocks for prone and long range but have tried the SOPMOD and EMOD stocks with success also. All mine experience is with AR15, not AR10

I have a moe rifle stock on my 18" Armalite AR 10,works perfect for me.Ive had the PRS also but I never used any adjustments so I got rid of it.

I have one on mine, I'm about 6'3" and it feels pretty good to me. I would say its LOP is longer than where most people would run a collapsible stock. I think the weight is actually slightly lower than an ACS and considerably lower than a PRS. For me the cheek weld feels decent but I am not an accomplished precision shooter. I've run this gun with an EOTech and a 2.5-10 Monarch X and it worked ok for either.